Ch.27

As I strolled down the street, Mina's voice came through the phone, informing me of her plans

As I strolled down the street, Mina's voice came through the phone, informing me of her plans. "I'll be late tonight, so have dinner without me," she said. A smile inadvertently escaped my lips as she continued, "I'm offered a free skincare treatment." I chuckled, replying, "Okay, I'll see you later, Snow White," while continuing to walk.

Mina's conversation took a turn as she mentioned, "That reminds me, your friend took his new friend..." I swiftly interrupted her, asserting, "I don't care. Too much information is not appreciated." I ended the call, feeling a mixture of irritation and curiosity.

Upon reaching my porch, I let out a startled scream upon seeing Juri sitting there in the dark. I sighed and beckoned her inside the house. Now, I sat on the couch, observing Juri eat something, and pondering why she was here.

"Are you not here to ask English questions?" I inquired. With a smile, I added, "But you have a free meal." Juri's response was affirmative, prompting me to ask, "Did you starve today?" She admitted, "Yes, I had my reasons," causing me to cough in surprise. As I reached for a glass of water, my foot accidentally kicked her bag, which turned out to be unusually hard.

As I groaned from the impact, I quickly inspected her bag and widened my eyes in disbelief upon discovering a safe inside. "Is this a safe? Did you steal it?" I questioned, shocked.

Juri looked at me anxiously and retorted, "How can it be stealing when it's from my dad's shop?" Frustration washed over me as I rubbed my temples. "That's still stealing, idiot," I exclaimed, grabbing her hand. Gazing at her seriously, I asked, "Did you run away from home?"

Before I could get answers, a doorbell rang, making me rush to answer it. Chief Hong stood outside. "Why are you here?" I questioned him skeptically.

"It's not you I'm here to see," he responded, causing me to scoff. His attention was drawn to Juri's shoes beside me, and with a slight shove, he entered my house, and I followed suit.

"Get over here, Juri. Did you think I wouldn't find you?" Chief Hong's voice carried frustration as he entered the house, prompting Juri to panic. "I thought you wouldn't come looking here," Juri stammered, and a chase ensued between them.

As they playfully chased each other around my living room, I couldn't help but groan and rub my temples. "What do you think you're doing in my house? A playground?" I exclaimed, earning their attention.

Chief Hong's glare met my frustrated gaze. "You should have called if a kid came here at this hour. Think about his father," he admonished. I glared back at him, challenging his statement.

"Are you seriously ticking me off?" I retorted. "I just found out about it now," I added, watching as Juri came to stand behind me. Suddenly, she pushed me towards Chief Hong while apologizing, "Sorry, [Name]." She then darted into the room, leaving me caught off-guard and in Chief Hong's arms.

"Get out of here," Chief Hong's voice was stern as he directed it towards me. I huffed, shoving his arm aside as I moved to the side. "You shouldn't put people like this. Get out of here now," he insisted, his tone firm. I found myself disbelief, sitting in a chair, and called out to him, "The one causing inconvenience here is you," glaring at him.