Ch.18

"It's my first time here, so I didn't make an appointment

"It's my first time here, so I didn't make an appointment. Is that all right?" he inquired politely. Our smiles reassured him as I replied, "It's alright." Mina handed him the registration form, instructing him to fill it out.

I shot her a curious look, and she responded by raising her eyebrows playfully.After a brief examination, I began explaining the analysis to the man. "Judging by the level of your pain, I'm guessing that your tooth decayed under the old crown.

It's tough to see with just an X-ray, though," I elaborated. I sensed his gaze fixed on me throughout the explanation, which made me feel slightly uneasy.

"So, I'll have to lift it up to be sure. Once I verify the decay, we'll either treat the nerve damage or decide on an implant," I continued, striving to maintain a professional demeanor. However, his persistent stare continued to unsettle me.

"However, there's a price gap between the two options," I mentioned, but he interrupted me abruptly. "That's no problem.

I trust your judgment, doctor," he interjected with a confident smile. I returned the gesture, saying, "Thank you. I'll do my best then."

"I hear a lot of patients throw a fit regarding the cost of dental procedures. Many have even started installing cameras inside the exam room," he remarked, his gaze wandering around the room.

I nodded in understanding. "The thing is, to install cameras, we need the patient's consent, so I haven't gotten around to that yet," I explained, my response punctuated with a slight smile. His expression remained thoughtful as he absorbed my explanation.

"Doctor, you're quite the beauty," he complimented, prompting a chuckle from me. I responded, "Thank you, but I prefer to hear that I am a good doctor." He nodded in agreement, a smile playing at the corners of his lips.

"I hope I didn't cross any lines just now," he added, his tone tinged with consideration. I reassured him with a shake of my head, saying, "No, you're fine. Let me take a look then," I suggested, indicating for him to open his mouth.

As he complied, I donned my professional demeanor, focusing on the task at hand. The examination allowed me to concentrate on the patient's dental health, alleviating some of the uneasiness caused by his earlier intense gaze.

I maintained a steady conversation, explaining each step of the process to put him at ease.

"Your teeth are generally in good condition," I remarked as I continued my assessment. "However, there's a small cavity here that needs attention. It's best to address it sooner rather than later to prevent further complications," I advised. He nodded in understanding, his trust evident in his demeanor.

As Mina handed the patient his credit card and receipt, I noticed his hand lingering just a little too long on her fingers. Mina's discomfort was palpable, evident in the way she shifted uncomfortably.