Ch.48

Dooshik Pov

Dooshik Pov

The next hour found me sitting in the convenience store, diligently attending to my duties while also working on a crochet project. As I absentmindedly rubbed my shin, the lingering ache from the accidental kick earlier still evident, my thoughts turned to the unexpected phone call from [name]. I glanced at my phone, where her name appeared on the screen, and I answered with a casual greeting.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone, waiting for her to express the reason behind her call. Without hesitation, she posed a question that caught me off guard. "'Chief Hong, are you mad at me?" Her inquiry made me chuckle softly. "No, I'm not just mad. I feel fury, frustration, rage, and anger—it's more complex," I joked, injecting a hint of playful sarcasm into my response.

"I'm so sorry. It hurt, didn't it?" she asked with genuine concern in her voice. I could almost visualize the apologetic expression on her face. I sighed, trying to lighten the mood. "Be honest with me. Are you sure you want to date me, or do you want to kill me?" I asked, adding a touch of humor to the conversation.

Her response was immediate, and I could hear the smile in her voice. "No, it was Ms. Cho of all people. I hope you understand," she explained, making me chuckle. "I have no other choice. You don't want people to know, and I should respect that," I acknowledged, understanding her perspective.

Curiosity piqued, she inquired about my whereabouts. "Where are you right now?" she asked. I answered promptly, "I'm in Bora Supermarket." Her reply came just as quickly, with a hint of determination. "Okay, stay there. I'll stop by later." I hesitated for a moment before responding, "No, don't come. I don't want you to visit. I've got to go." She whined playfully, but I couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction. "See you later," she said before ending the call.

During a break with no patients to attend to, I decided to visit the Bora Supermarket, my excitement pushing me forward

During a break with no patients to attend to, I decided to visit the Bora Supermarket, my excitement pushing me forward. As I entered, I spotted Chief Hong arranging items and my smile widened. "Chief Hong," I called out to him, my excitement palpable.

He turned to me, his expression stern. "No, don't come near me," he said, instantly dampening my excitement. I stopped in my tracks, confused by his reaction. "Why not?" I asked, genuinely puzzled.