1

Dear cherished readers,

I hope you're all doing wonderfully. I'm thrilled to present my latest book, even though I haven't completed my previous one. Circumstances have compelled me to begin sharing this new story with you.

I often question the appeal of my writing, but I have a strong feeling that you'll find this book captivating. It's a short story, not a lengthy tome, but I believe it will leave you satisfied. Your readership means the world to me.

I kindly ask you to take a moment to vote and comment, sharing your thoughts and suggestions. Your feedback is immensely valuable.

Please bear in mind that this book has not yet been edited, and there may be mistakes or grammatical errors. I'm still learning and evolving as a writer, but I genuinely hope you'll derive enjoyment from this tale.

Know that this book is not a real-life story it's just a fictional story from my own Imagination.

Thank you all for your support and understanding.

Warm regards, (Firdausi Musa)

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Chapter 1

"And you come across people who look as if they have nothing to worry about, that they have no burden inside them, that there is nothing wrong going on with them, but only Allah knows what they're suffering from in secret. It's only in closed doors that their tears are sued, and it's only to Allah their pain is confessed." I said to my two friends as we were walking to the market.

"Indeed, Anisa, much like you, your direction remains a mystery to most. You always appear composed, as if life's challenges have never touched you," Kamila remarked.

I chuckled softly. "I'm simply the gossip girl, wrapped up in the world of gossip to escape from life's complexities," I replied.

Greetings, everyone. I'm Anisa, hailing from Niger State. My humble abode lies nestled within a quaint neighborhood—a small town adjacent to the bustling city. We fondly call this town 'Willowbrook'.

"Willowbrook" is a picturesque small town that sits nestled between the embrace of nature's wonders. The town's name is a reflection of its serene surroundings and the harmonious coexistence of human life and the natural world.

To the north of Willowbrook, the land gently rises into rolling hills, creating a natural boundary that provides a sense of protection and seclusion. These hills are covered with lush greenery, offering a stunning backdrop that changes with the seasons, from vibrant wildflowers in spring to the warm hues of foliage in the fall.

To the south, a gentle brook meanders its way through the town, giving life to the local ecosystem. Along its banks, graceful willow trees sway in the breeze, their long branches trailing into the water. This waterway not only provides a serene focal point but also serves as a source of inspiration for the town's inhabitants.

The town itself is a blend of rustic charm and modern convenience. Quaint cottages line the streets, each adorned with window boxes overflowing with blossoms. Cobblestone pathways wind through the town, connecting cozy cafes, artisan shops, and local markets. The architecture reflects a mix of historical character and contemporary comfort, creating a sense of timelessness that appeals to both residents and visitors.

In the heart of Willowbrook, there's a central square where the community gathers for festivals, concerts, and gatherings. A majestic willow tree takes center stage, its branches forming a natural canopy under which locals and tourists alike find shade and solace. As the sun sets, the square comes alive with the warm glow of lanterns, creating a captivating ambiance that encourages connection and camaraderie.