22.

After Anisa finished her bath and changed into her sleepwear, she was about to blow-dry her hair with the hand dryers. Just as she started, her phone rang; it was Khadija. Anisa answered and put the call on speaker.

"Hey, girlfriend," Anisa greeted, but before she could say more, Khadija jumped in.

"Oh my goodness, where have you been? I've been trying to reach you, but your phone was unreachable. You won't believe what I saw on Instagram yesterday! Your modeling pictures were on a page, and the likes and comments were pouring in. You're blowing up, girl you are on fire!"

"Thank goodness you're finally quiet. I've been so busy. I saw the post and shared it on my page too. I was shocked by the likes and comments; it's unbelievable," Anisa replied, taking a seat on the stool in her room, facing the mirror.

"I saw it on Musbahu's phone. Even Mama couldn't believe it was you. I'm so happy for you, Anisa," Khadija exclaimed with excitement in her voice.

Anisa chuckled and sighed before expressing, "I miss Willowbrook and all of you."

"We miss you too; people have been asking about you. The other day, a man came looking for you, he didn't mention his name," Khadija informed.

"A man? What did you tell him?" Anisa inquired.

"I informed him you weren't in town, and he mentioned wanting information, saying you're knowledgeable about Willowbrook," Khadija replied.

"It sounds suspicious. I'm not the only one familiar with Willowbrook; I wasn't the first person born there," Anisa remarked.

"Relax, dear. When I told him you weren't around, he didn't ask much and just left," Khadija reassured.

As they continued their conversation, a soft knock came on Anisa's door. "Come in," she responded, finding Auntie Nusaiba, dressed in a kamisol and a light, transparent kimono.

"I'll call you back," Anisa told Khadija.

"Hi, Khadija. I hope you're doing well. Thanks for checking on Mama," Auntie Nusaiba greeted.

"How did you know she's the one?" Anisa questioned.

"I recognized her voice," Auntie Nusaiba replied.

"Hello, Auntie Nusaiba. It's not a problem. I hope the twins are doing well. Good night," Khadija bid farewell.

"They're both fine, thank you, dear. Sorry to interrupt your call. Take care, and good night," Auntie Nusaiba said.

Auntie Nusaiba walked over to the bed, gesturing for Anisa to join her. "Come and sit with me, Anisa," she invited, using her hands to indicate where Anisa should sit.

"I was trying to dry my hair," Anisa explained.

"Don't worry; I'll dry it for you. Let's talk first," Auntie Nusaiba said, crossing her legs.

Anisa removed the towel from her head, allowing her hair to fall on her neck and back. She then sat on the bed in a yoga form, facing Auntie Nusaiba.

"I want to talk about Ashraf," Auntie Nusaiba stated.

Anisa remained quiet for a moment before asking, "What about him?"

"What you mentioned at breakfast— is it true? Is Ashraf attempting to harass you, like trying to touch you?" Auntie Nusaiba inquired.

"Auntie, no, he's not," Anisa replied, wearing a serious and surprised expression simultaneously.

"Anisa, you don't have to hide anything from me. Just tell me, does he struggle to control himself from touching you when he's around?" Auntie Nusaiba pressed.