32.

Auntie Nusaiba and Awwal noticed something was wrong when they saw Ashraf leaving the house in a rush. Concerned, they went to Ashraf's room and discovered injections and medicine, realizing he was sick and hadn't informed anyone. However, the mystery deepened—why did he leave hastily? Had something happened to Anisa?

Unable to reach Anisa by phone, Auntie Nusaiba dialed Awwal, who called Ashraf. "Where are you?" Awwal asked.

"I am together with Anisa," Ashraf lied. Suspecting they might have seen him leaving the house, he fabricated the story to prevent Anisa from getting into trouble.

Upon reaching the destination, uncertainty clouded Jiddah's mind as she hesitated, questioning, "Excuse me, are you Ashraf?"

Distracted, Ashraf affirmed, "Yes," and was on the verge of entering the house when he noticed Jiddah holding Anisa's phone.

"Are you the one who called?" he inquired.

"Yes," Jiddah replied, visibly distressed and sweating due to fear. Jiddah always sweats whenever she is scared. Mus'ab, observing the surroundings, pressed, "What happened to her?"

"No time to explain. We must find Anisa," Jiddah urged, and they entered the premises swiftly.

Their entrance went unnoticed as they stealthily followed Jiddah's directions to the location where Anisa was allegedly taken. Amidst a maze of rooms, the group faced uncertainty, encountering locked doors along the way. Jiddah persistently called Anisa's name.

Upon opening the final door, a distressing scene unfolded: Anisa lay on the bed, seemingly unconscious. Ashraf rushed to her side, with Mus'ab and Jiddah closely trailing behind.

Anisa appeared lifeless, sending a surge of anxiety through all of them. Her disheveled appearance, from the unlucky zipper to tousled hair spread on the bed, revealed signs of a struggle. Disturbingly, red cheeks hinted at a recent slap, and despite her bra, her gown was disarrayed, exposing a fraction of her chest.

Ashraf's heart ached at the sight of his seemingly lifeless wife on what appeared to be another man's bed, intensifying his worry. Thoughts raced through his mind—what had they done to her? Had they touched her?

As he gently raised Anisa into a sitting position, Mus'ab inspected the bathroom, finding it empty. Ashraf, however, noticed green rashes on Anisa's body, a clear sign of an allergic reaction to a drink she shouldn't have consumed. He knows that reaction.

"Anisa, it's me," Ashraf said, and Anisa opened her eyes, still behaving like a drunk person.

"Oh, Ashraf, you came," Anisa said with a strained voice as she hugged him. "You're the best big brother," she added, and he reciprocated the hug.

He secured her zipper and tidied her hair. Unable to locate her veil, he cradled her in his arms like a baby, and they left the room. Mus'ab, searching for a back door, discovered one, and they all exited discreetly through it.

Mus'ab retrieved the car, and they all boarded, leaving behind Anisa's forgotten heels. Jiddah occupied the front seat, while Ashraf and Anisa settled in the back.

Anisa lay against Ashraf's chest, her eyes closed, sensing his rapid heartbeat. "Your heart is beating fast," she remarked without looking at him, maintaining her relaxed position.

He managed a forced smile, gently running his hands through her hair, concealing his own weakness and unstable health as he tried to project strength.

Curious about the events, Mus'ab inquired, and Jiddah recounted the incident from the beginning, including Anisa's instructions to call Ashraf in case of trouble.