33.

Anisa, it's okay, I am here," she became even more frightened as Ashraf tried to comfort her. Before she knew it, she began to feel nauseous, prompting her to hastily get up and rush to the bathroom, with Ashraf following closely behind.

Vomiting the contents of her drink, Ashraf stood supportively behind her, gently securing her hair in his hands. Once she finished, he assisted her in washing her face before guiding her back to the bed.

Seated on the bed, he inquired if she needed anything, and suddenly, she burst into tears. "Ashraf, what happened to me? I can't remember anything," she uttered with a tearful voice.

This was the first time Ashraf had witnessed Anisa crying, and her tears tugged at his heartstrings. Overwhelmed with empathy, he instinctively pulled her into a comforting embrace.

He didn't attempt to halt her tears; he simply held her until she found solace. After she broke the hug, she looked at him and said, "I am hungry," in her teary voice, resembling a child.

Wiping away her tears, he handed her a tissue to blow her nose. "I'll get you something to eat," he said, leaving the room. Within minutes, he returned with a lukewarm chocolate drink and some snacks, knowing Anisa's preferences well.

Sitting beside her on the bed, he looked at her, and she inquired, "What is the time?"

"3:16 am," he answered, feeding her a samosa. "Why are you in my room lying beside me? Did you touch me?" she asked as she chewed the samosa he offered.

He felt tempted to playfully knock her head as she acted like a child, finding her irresistibly cute. "Why did you scream?" he asked, choosing to ignore her questions.

"I saw the allergy on my body, and I got scared," she replied, accepting the cup of hot chocolate he handed her.

Smiling at her without uttering a word, she observed, "You look hungry; you should eat too." Her suggestive gaze, known only to him, already had him captivated.

Handing him a donut, she insisted, "No, let me feed you." He opened his mouth, biting into the donut she held.

Afterward, they both lay down, and Anisa didn't revisit the question she had earlier asked about why he was in her room.

After a few moments of silence, Anisa suddenly recalled the events and the fact that her clothes had been changed. She turned her gaze slowly towards Ashraf. "Ashraf, why did you change my clothes and bathe me? You saw my body," Anisa inquired, her tone still retaining a hint of childlike innocence, and her face seemed on the verge of tears.

Ashraf stared at her, grappling with what to say. He hadn't prepared for this revelation that she remembered him bathing her while she was naked, having undressed her himself.

Overwhelmed with shyness, Anisa averted her gaze, turning her body away and closing her eyes.

He smiled, enjoying her shy demeanor, she covered herself with a duvet. Gazing at her back, he couldn't help but wish he could explore her enticing body, visible beneath the duvet.

That's how they drifted off to sleep. However, Ashraf found himself consumed by jealousy, pondering what Anas had witnessed; did he kiss her or touch her body?

Unable to find peace, he stayed awake until he returned from the mosque after morning prayer, returning to Anisa's room where she peacefully slept.

He awoke at 8:02 am, sitting on the bed, and gently kissed Anisa's cheeks. Observing the redness where she had been slapped, he left the room, encountering Musab.

"Ango of the year, how was the first night?" Musab teased persistently, having started since their visit to the mosque. "What is wrong with you, Musab?" Ashraf retorted, shooting him a stern look.