38. Just us, me and u

They stared at each other for only a minute, but to them, it felt like for a long period of time. Anisa broke the gaze, withdrawing her hands from his neck just as he was about to kiss her.

Remaining composed as she stepped away, he smiled to himself. She walked behind him without meeting his gaze and suggested, "Let's check the bedroom."

He casually slipped his hands into his pocket and replied, "Yeah, it's upstairs." They ascended the stairs, it was four-bedroom building, with an additional room downstairs. Each room boasted its own bathroom. The house was undeniably beautiful and came with a hefty price tag.

Anisa adored the house, and Ashraf had decorated her room precisely to her liking, featuring a mix of red and pink. He recalled asking her about her ideal room, and he had executed the decor exactly as she desired, leaving her thoroughly amused.

Observing her childlike excitement, he appreciated her playful demeanor, quietly captivated as she jumped and smiled. He struggled to find words, realizing that her actions stirred a profound emotion within him.

"Will you stop jumping like a baby doll? You're a grown-up now, and soon you'll be a mother," Ashraf remarked, his hands remaining in his pockets.

She responded with a pout, accompanied by a sultry gaze from her sparkling blue eyes, brimming with happiness.

Why is Anisa excited about the room, I thought she didn't want to live with Ashraf since she doesn't love him. 🙄

"You're already thinking about having babies. Don't get me wrong; I'm just excited to be with you because you got me such a beautiful room," she said, picking up the red Teddy Bear beside her and playfully interacting with it.

He threw his head back in laughter, watching her amusing antics with the teddy bear. She smiled, hugging the teddy to her chest.

Aware of Ashraf's deep affection for children, especially girls, she knew he couldn't wait to have his own. Although he didn't always express it, his love for children was evident. He even had cute Teddy bears in his room, a collection that Anisa used to deplete during her holiday visits, prompting him to start hiding them from her. To this day, he still kept three Teddy bears in his room, a fact that amused his friends, who jokingly called him a girl.

He chuckled at the memories, recalling Anisa's declaration that she wasn't particularly fond of babies, unlike himself. Despite her professed indifference, he knew she harbored a desire to have her own children. Anisa found babies a bit funny and weird, and their behavior made her uneasy, leading him to ponder if she might have a jinx.

Oddly enough, babies seemed to find her amusing, often laughing in her presence as if there was something comical on her face that only they could see. They would eagerly reach out for her to carry them, a scenario she disliked.

As he mused about their future children, he wondered whether they would inherit Anisa's features—her captivating blue eyes, pointed nose, or the long, flowing hair that cascaded down her back. It struck him as amusing that she lacked a dimple.

"Why do you always put your hands in your pocket?" she asked, pulling him out of his daydreaming.

He thought she had never asked him this question and smiled at her. "Because it makes me feel comfortable. And when I'm nervous, nobody tends to know when my hands are in my pocket," he replied.

"So you do get nervous?" she asked again, giving him a cute smile that reached her ears.

He appreciated her current demeanor, hoping their time in the house wouldn't end in a fight. He didn't answer her question, and she didn't mind. It felt like there was more to discover about Ashraf, and they both sensed it. This side of her, sweet and happy, made their conversation flow effortlessly.