37. Unveiled Truths/she knows

Mrs. Farha entered the room, apologizing, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but we need to start the shooting; we're running out of time."

Jessica approached Anisa, fixing her with a dangerous stare. "Our next meeting won't be great," she whispered with a wicked smile. After flashing one last glance, she donned her hat and left the room, bidding farewell to Mrs. Farha.

Anisa remained in place as Mrs. Farha inquired about their relationship. Anisa nodded, and they commenced their photoshoot, focusing on various types of shoes and heels.

Anisa returned home, feeling drained and exhausted. After freshening up and praying, she called Mama, exchanging greetings. Anisa expressed concern, advising Mama to take care as she feared Jessica might be planning something. Mama reassured her that everything was fine.

Following the call with Mama, Anisa phoned Khadija, recounting the confrontation with Jessica and Musbahu's insult. Khadija, unsurprised by Jessica's behavior, disclosed a troubling incident involving Jessica at Willowbrook.

"Jessica came to Willowbrook two weeks ago and ordered her men to burn a man's house because he revealed a secret about a guy who died at the club due to harmful drugs," Khadija revealed, leaving Anisa surprised.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Anisa asked, wearing a serious expression.

"Anisa, I'm sorry, I didn't want you to worry," Khadija explained. Anisa insisted Khadija should have informed her, and they discussed the matter. Later, Anisa shared uplifting news with Khadija.

"I've been planning; why not come to the city and pursue studies? There are affordable schools I can pay for you, and I can help you get a job through Farha. I've been discussing it with her, and she's considering it. I've been feeling quite lonely lately, and having you close would mean a lot to me," Anisa said calmly, a small smile playing on her lips.

Khadija's scream prompted Anisa to move her phone away from her ear. "Oh my god, Anisa, what the hell! I'm so happy. You shouldn't pay for my school; I might feel shy, but the job—I'd love that. I miss you so much. I'm already in tears of joy," Khadija exclaimed.

"Khadija, you're my friend. Every time I look at the bracelet you gave me, it brings me so much happiness. Let me do this for you," Anisa insisted.

"I love you, girl. I'll talk to Mama about it. I'm sure my dad will love the idea, but not sure about Mama. She's been asking about you since I gave her the money you sent me," Khadija shared.

"Okay, then send my regards to her, please. Maybe I'll call you later for a video chat," Anisa suggested with a chuckle.

"Um, maybe call tomorrow; we don't have electricity now, and you won't be able to see me," Khadija pointed out. They wished each other good night.

A soft knock sounded on the door, and she answered, walking to open it. Ashraf stood there, holding a tray of food. "Oh!" she exclaimed, stepping aside to let him in and closing the door behind her. He placed the tray in her bedside drawer.

"Your uncle handsome mentioned you haven't eaten dinner since you came back. You should have something," Ashraf suggested, his gaze fixed on her face.

"I had some snacks at work before coming back," she replied, avoiding prolonged eye contact.

Damn, he misses this soul so much, he misses her so much. missing not only her but also those sexy glances she used to give him. Even now, as she attempted to avoid eye contact, acting shy, he found it endearing. A slight smile played on his lips as he kept his eyes on her adorable face.

"I think you should eat something; I know you like food. Just snacks won't satisfy your hunger," he suggested, ready to leave the room.

"Did you see the video?" she asked, halting him in his tracks. He looked confused, and she clarified, "I mean the video on Instagram."