5.

After our meal, I performed my zuhur prayer, and then Haidar and I engaged in a lengthy conversation. I also lent him a helping hand with his school Assignment, and his joy was evident as our discussion continued.

Following my Asir prayers, I took a refreshing bath and readied myself to head back home. Auntie Nusaiba entrusted me with some items to deliver to my mother. The Twins warmly embraced me as we bid each other farewell. I couldn't help but steal a glance at Ashraf, who stood at a distance with his hands casually tucked into his trousers pocket, gazing in our direction.

I quickly averted my gaze from him.

"Ashraf, could you please give Anisa a ride home? I'd rather she didn't take the commercial car," Auntie Nusaiba requested.

"No, Aunt, I'd prefer not to take her home. What's the driver here for? He should do his job," Ashraf replied.

"Alright, if you won't take her, I'll have to call you 'yellow Yansh' for the entire week, and I won't hesitate to use it even in front of your friends," Auntie Nusaiba declared, folding her arms across her chest.

Laughter erupted among us. "Yellow Yansh!" The Twins chimed in, continuing to laugh heartily.

As much as Ashraf disliked the idea of driving me home, he reluctantly agreed, knowing that he detested the nickname 'yellow Yansh,' and Auntie Nusaiba was more than capable of sticking to her word. Yes, she could indeed do that.

With a sigh, Ashraf removed his hands from his pockets and walked over. He was a reserved and gentle guy who seldom spoke much. I could confidently say that I was the only one he playfully bantered with, and occasionally even had disagreements with: we always fighting.

"Let me change my clothes," he requested.

I shot an irritated glance and retorted, "Excuse me, but it's getting late. Why do you need to change? Your current attire looks perfectly fine."

"Well, you know, I might just happen to meet my future wife out there. I'd like her to see me looking fresh and clean," Ashraf explained as he made his way toward the stairs.

"And when did they even give birth to you? You just graduated from school. What makes you think you need a wife?" I remarked with a slightly raised voice so he could hear me.

"Shut up, F-girl!" he retorted.

"I think having Ashraf drive you home is a terrible idea," Auntie Nusaiba chimed in with a chuckle.

"Please, let the driver take me," I pleaded, wearing a sad expression.

"Nope, that's your punishment for calling me a baby," Auntie Nusaiba stated firmly as she settled down.

I joined her and implored, "Auntie Nusaiba, please, I'll take any other punishment, but not this one." I was genuinely regretful, but she remained resolute in her decision.

Ashraf descended the stairs, clad in brown trousers paired with a maroon-colored T-shirt. He looked incredibly handsome and quite taken with his appearance.

"Let's go," he declared, walking past me and heading towards the door.

In response, I let out an exasperated groan, feigning a cry. The Twins continued to amuse themselves with laughter, while Haidar remained engrossed in his drawing.

We exchanged our farewells, and I eventually made my way to the car to join Ashraf. As we set off, I silently prayed that he wouldn't bring up the topic of Rahim again. We had managed to keep the peace today, and it was largely due to his prior inquiry about Rahim.

I hoped that we could maintain this silence until we reached our destination. Perhaps he had realized my reluctance to engage in conversation, hence his uncharacteristic silence. The Ashraf I knew wouldn't typically refrain from sparking a discussion that could lead to an argument.