7.

It's been a few days now, and Hanifa and Khadija have become quite close. Khadija couldn't stop talking to Hanifa about what happened at the club the other night, and Hanifa kept wishing she had been there to witness my actions.

I informed Auntie Nusaiba that I'd be participating in the modeling show, which is set to begin today. In response, Auntie Nusaiba arranged for a driver to pick me up. Initially, I asked Hanifa to accompany me, but she declined out of fear that someone she knew might spot her. So, I turned to Khadija, who initially hesitated due to concerns about her strict mother but ultimately agreed.

The driver transported us to a company called 'Sahara Chic Couture,' which turned out to be an impressive and spacious establishment. As we got out of the car and looked at the company's name, I couldn't help but comment, "What kind of fashion company name is that? Oh, Nigeria always surprises me."

Khadija quickly responded, "Come on, you know it has a meaning. Chic couture is a kind of French name that signifies stylish, elegant, and fashionable. I saw it the other day on Facebook."

"Do you still do those research things of yours?" I inquired, and she nodded in response. We stepped into the company building and informed the receptionist that I was Anisa. She promptly replied, "Certainly, our boss is expecting you; someone will be here to escort you."

We nodded in acknowledgment as she made a phone call. Shortly after, a young woman who bore a striking resemblance to someone of Korean descent approached us and asked us to follow her. We entered the elevator, and Khadija and I were simultaneously thrilled and anxious since it was our first time riding in one.

"I can't believe it, it's our first time in a lifter," Khadija exclaimed, prompting a smile from the Korean-looking girl. "Please, behave yourself, Khadija," I urged her.

"I apologize for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Hana Fatima Kim, and I am the assistant to the owner of this company," the young woman finally introduced herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Hana Fatima Kim," I replied, returning her smile.

Khadija couldn't contain her excitement and asked the young woman if she was from Korea. The woman explained that she was indeed born in Korea but had spent her entire life in Nigeria. Initially residing in Abuja, she had later relocated to Minna due to a job opportunity.

Khadija's enthusiasm was palpable, and she even asked for a photo with the Korean-born lady, who was gracious and amiable.

Addressing me, she said, "Your name is Anisa, right?"

"Yes," I replied with a smile.

"You're quite fortunate, and you have the potential to be a beautiful model," she complimented me.

"Thank you, ma'am," I responded gratefully.

As the elevator doors opened, we stepped out into a truly impressive space. Passing by some employees, she led us to a room filled with a diverse array of clothing.

"Salam, Anisa. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Farha, the owner of this company," she introduced herself warmly.

I was taken aback to discover that the owner of the company was an Arab woman. It was surprising to me, and I hadn't expected to be modeling for someone of Arab descent.

"Walaikum salam, It's nice to meet you too. Uh... This is my friend Khadija; I hope you don't mind that I brought her along," I said hesitantly.

Farha reassured, "No, not a problem at all."

Curious, I inquired, "Is my Auntie here?"

"Yes, she's trying on some clothes; she should be out shortly," Farha replied. Her unwavering gaze on me started to make me feel somewhat uneasy.