36. night club secret

It had been days, and Anisa was informed she had a visitor. She went down only to find Musbahu. She was so happy to see him, but Musbahu looked sad, disappointed, and whatnot.

"Musbahu, you didn't tell me you were coming," Anisa said, her joy evident as she walked to him. However, she noticed something was off.

"Anisa, I am so disappointed in you—really disappointed. So, this was the reason why you left Willowbrook. Dimitri told me everything," Musbahu said calmly yet with anger in his voice.

"Listen, Musbahu, I can explain. It's not my fault," Anisa said as her smiling face turned into a pitiful expression.

"Anisa, did you realize the kind of trouble you are in? How could you give those harmful drugs to those men?" Musbahu questioned.

"I swear, Musbahu, I did not give them the drugs. Yes, I handed them over, but I had no idea what the drugs were. Majid gave them to me to take to them," Anisa explained.

"Subhanallah, Anisa, those are very harmful drugs. They are not accepted in other countries, let alone in our own. That drug was given to that poor girl, and she was gang-raped because of it. She only took two pills, and you witnessed it. She has been unconscious in the hospital because of those pills. She only woke up once and told the police that someone witnessed what happened, and Dimitri said you were the only one who saw it," Musbahu expressed with concern.

"I can explain. Trust me, I know how it feels to be raped and go through all this trauma. I swear the girl came to the club willingly, and she seemed happy when they were in the room. She caused it for herself," Anisa defended.

"Shut your tiny voice, Anisa. You don't know how it feels. If you did, you wouldn't have left Willowbrook. You could have told the police what you knew, even if it was the girl's fault. Now those men are walking freely, and who knows how many girls they have done that to," Musbahu criticized.

"Listen, I am sorry, but everything is not entirely my fault. I was threatened not to say a word to save all of you. Ya Allah, Musbahu, you are making me feel like I planned this," Anisa pleaded.

"Yes, you planned this, you caused this. It all started when you accepted to help that woman, Jessica. Someone even died because of those harmful drugs," Musbahu asserted.

Anisa fell silent for a moment; his words were starting to hurt her deeply. How could he blame her for what happened at the club?

"I was peacefully sleeping in my house when you came to me and told me a woman was looking for me. You took me to her, and now all you can say is I planned this. Did you think I would stoop this low?" Anisa said, her voice trembling as if she was on the verge of tears.

Musbahu was already furious, fuming with anger, and every word Anisa uttered intensified his rage.

"That girl was my cousin's sister. She was raped that night due to that drug. I only found out about her later because I had no idea those men brought her to Willowbrook that night. Do you know how those drugs have affected her? Do you know how dangerous that drug is?" Musbahu spoke calmly, yet his anger was evident.

"Then it means your cousin's sister willingly came with those men because she was happy when she came with them. You don't have to accuse me of everything," Anisa retorted.

Musbahu walked up close to Anisa's face and said, "Anisa, you have no pity at all. You are nothing but a fool who goes to the nightclub and turns people's lives. Who knows how many men have gotten between your legs just to keep your mouth shut? Because the Anisa, the gossip girl, will never keep this a secret no matter what." He fell silent for a moment and then continued.