18.

Hello to my readers I hope you are all doing well.
Here is another chapter but this time I made a few changes, this time it not be Anisa's and Ashraf's POV because writing it that way does not make me write comfortably so this time it will be just storytelling. I hope it does not confuse you all.

Anisa was overwhelmed by the pain that coursed through her after they separated from their embrace. Khadija gently held her face and tenderly wiped away the tears trickling down Anisa's cheeks, her own eyes brimming with sorrow.

"It's going to be alright, Anisa. We'll do everything we can to find her," Khadija reassured her.

Musbahu, though clearly distressed, made an effort to appear strong in the face of his girlfriend's abduction. "I'm in a difficult situation, and I have no choice but to leave Willowbrook. If I stay, they'll endanger everyone I care about. Khadija, it pains me to leave you, and Musbahu, you've been my partner in crime. How can I go without you two?" Anisa's heart ached, and tears continued to flow down her cheeks.

Khadija's expression was filled with concern as she released Anisa's face and held her hands. "What kind of trouble are you in?" Khadija inquired.

Anisa sniffled hard, struggling with the anguish in her heart, and then continued, "It's a long and complicated story, and I have to leave right now. I promise I won't forget you. I don't want to leave you."

"No need to worry. I'll stay here and take care of Mama and Khadija. We'll be fine. I know you have your reasons for leaving, but you have to explain everything to us," Musbahu said, his eyes welling up with tears as he undoubtedly grieved over Hanifa's abduction.

"Musbahu, I'm deeply sorry they took her, and I understand you need a friend by your side right now. Khadija will be here for you, but I promise I'll call and explain everything. I'm truly sorry," Anisa conveyed, and Musbahu reassured her that it was okay.

Anisa hurried into the house, and Khadija followed closely behind. Mama sat forlornly on the couch, her face heavy with sorrow. As soon as she spotted them entering, she rose abruptly and declared, "Hanifa has been taken."

"I know, Mama, I know. But why was she outside? She wasn't feeling well," Anisa replied, her emotions threatening to overwhelm her, but she struggled to maintain her composure and stay resolute.

"She wanted some fresh air; that's why she went out," Mama explained. It was at that moment when she noticed the tears welling up in Anisa's eyes, and her surprise was evident.

"Ani... Anisa. Are those tears in your eyes?" Mama inquired, and even Anisa herself realized that she wasn't merely thinking about crying; she was actually shedding tears. Anisa had always viewed those who cried as peculiar.

"Mama, I'm in deep trouble, and I have to leave for the city. I'm going, Mama, and I know you wouldn't come with me if I asked. Musbahu and Khadija will be here to look after you," Anisa explained as she hurried up to the local staircase to her room.

As Anisa began to pack her belongings with Khadija's assistance, she engaged in a conversation with Mama, her voice trembling and her eyes moist. Her world felt surreal, like a dream she hoped to awaken from.

"Please, let me call Nusaiba to send a car to pick you up," Mama suggested, still taken aback by Anisa's tears.

"No, Mama, I have to leave right away. I can't afford to wait for a ride. I'll take a public car and send the driver to collect my remaining belongings when I arrive," Anisa replied, resolute in her decision.

Gazing at her small closet, she caught sight of Hanifa's clothes and personal items. She couldn't help but press her palm against her face, a fresh wave of pain surging through her heart. Nevertheless, she knew she needed to stay strong.