45.

She quickly averted her gaze from what she witnessed and heard him call her name as he approached climax. Unexpectedly, she saw him masturbating, and in shock, she hurriedly left the room, gently closing the door. Racing to her own room, she lay on her bed, covering her face with the duvet.

Disturbed by the sight of Ashraf, she couldn't believe what she had just witnessed, his manhood exposed in its size. Subhanallah. Regretfully, she wished she hadn't entered his room, avoiding the disturbing scene. Emotions overwhelmed her, and she didn't know how to react.

Exiting the bathroom with water cascading down his body, he used a towel to dry off, feeling a lingering scent of Anisa's perfume in the air since he left the dressing room. He wondered if she had come to his room.

He regretted his actions, realizing it was the second time he had done such a thing, and he blamed Anisa. Unable to bear it any longer, he decided he would have to obtain what he wanted from her, even if it meant begging.

After performing his prayers and seeking forgiveness from Allah, he went downstairs feeling hungry. Spotting her on the sofa, he shifted his gaze away, sat beside her, and took the spoon from her hand to eat as well.

Anisa couldn't bring herself to look at him, feeling uneasy. She hadn't anticipated his presence and wouldn't have stayed in the living room if she knew he was coming down.

She remained silent, taking the spoon and feeding him as if he were a child. Once they finished, he stayed quiet, and she noticed his hesitation to speak. Suddenly, he broke the silence, saying, "Anisa, I beg you, let me have sex with you."

Caught off guard, she stared at him, raising her brow and shaking her head. Memories of their previous encounter on the same sofa flooded her mind. 'Wasn't this the man who had just satisfied himself moments ago?' she wondered.

"I can't, Ashraf. I'm not ready, and it seems all you want is sex from me. Your lustful stares, every time you look at me, convey nothing but a desire for sex. I can't let you touch me, Ashraf."

Even the calm way she utters his name soothes his heart, yet her words pierce into him like an arrow. "Anisa, do you really believe all I seek from you is sex? How could you think so lowly of me?"

Her annoyance was evident; she frowned and averted her gaze. As he stared at her, hurt by her words, he tried to explain, "It's not a sin for me to ask for my rights, and you know that denying a husband sex is a sin. You may give other men attention at a nightclub, but you can't acknowledge your husband's rights. Many verses emphasize a wife's duty, and angels have..."

"Enough. I never knew about this marriage. If I had, I wouldn't have agreed. I could file a complaint in court stating I never wanted this marriage," she cut him off abruptly, surprising him with her revelation.

He remained silent, standing up and staring at her for a while. "I never thought this is what you think of me."

"And I never thought that you, of all people, would call me a prostitute," she retorted, standing up and storming out of the sitting room. He watched in silence as she went upstairs.

........

Ramadan has commenced, and things are unfolding. Ashraf and Anisa, in their actions, pretend as if they were never married, yet in front of others, especially Eve, they portray a facade of deep affection.

Mama visited from Willowbrook, bringing immense joy to Anisa, who cried tears of happiness. Anisa wished for Mama to stay longer, but she only spent three days before departing.

For Ashraf, Ramadan proved challenging. The inability to engage in typical marital activities with Anisa left him melancholic, at times even frustrated. Despite this, Anisa continued to act as if everything was normal. They conversed occasionally, watched movies together, but their interactions lacked depth.