17.

I was in a state of panic. How on earth did that video get out? "Who posted the video?" I asked anxiously.

"Hmm, it looks like Northernblog posted it. Someone might have tagged them or sent them the video," Hanifa explained.

The video featured me dancing at the wedding the other day. People were recording me, but I never expected it to go viral.

"I'm calling Ashraf," Hanifa announced, unlocking her phone.

"Why are you calling Ashraf? What does he have to do with this?" I questioned.

"Well, he might be able to help. At the very least, he can contact Northernblog and request that they take the video down," she replied.

I folded my arms, shooting her a disapproving look. "You know, you could also contact Northernblog and ask them to remove it," I suggested.

"Yes, I could, but Ashraf might be quicker because he's more connected and lives in the city," Hanifa argued.

"I don't want Ashraf getting involved; this is my life we're talking about," I exclaimed.

"Fine, maybe you'll finally realize that the nightclub scene isn't worth it. But I'm still calling Ashraf," Hanifa retorted, her voice raised.

I stood there, staring at her, before turning and walking out of the room.

"She's upset. My top advice is when you get home, don't bring up what you said and act like everything's normal," Khadija advised, glancing at me as I headed back home.

"Yeah, I'm aware of Anisa's temper," Hanifa replied.

"So, are you going to call Ashraf, or are we just going to leave it alone?" Khadija inquired.

"I'm definitely calling Ashraf," Hanifa confirmed.

❀❀❀❀

Ashraf's pov

Upon my return to the city, everything seemed to be going well, yet there was an inexplicable void left by Anisa's absence. I'd been making a conscious effort to keep myself occupied, attempting to stave off thoughts of her.

As I sat at the dining table, preparing to have dinner, Auntie Nusaiba entered the room with an unusual look on her face.

"Ashraf, Anisa is going viral. Can you explain how?" Auntie Nusaiba inquired.

"Viral? Anisa? How am I supposed to know if she's going viral?" I replied, trying to maintain my composure.

"You were with her at Willowbrook just two days ago," she pointed out, her phone still in hand.

"Yeah," I confirmed, my silence indicating my curiosity about what she meant.

She let out a sigh and said, "There's a video of her posted on Instagram."

"Alright. Judging by your expression, it doesn't sound like a positive kind of viral. Can I see it?" I asked.

"Check your phone, it's on Northern Blog," she replied.

I swiftly retrieved my phone from my trousers' pocket, unlocked it, and launched Instagram. I typed in "Northern Blog" and there it was, the video Auntie Nusaiba had mentioned. It showcased Anisa dancing, a vivid reminder of the wedding in Willowbrook where she had danced so vigorously that I had to intervene and pull her away, triggering an argument between us.

Watching the video, a wave of hurt coursed through my heart, instantly extinguishing my appetite for the delicious meal before me. Anger welled up within me.

"What the fuck, Anisa?" I exclaimed aloud.

"Mind your language; I hope Anisa hasn't influenced you," Auntie Nusaiba chided, drawing me out of my thoughts.