41. Reunion

@mohammedAishaS this chapter is for you❤️

Some people enter our lives for a reason, and often we fail to recognize their significance until they're no longer part of our journey. Occasionally, fortune allows us to reunite with such individuals, but it's not always guaranteed.

Standing there, expressing these sentiments, she never imagined that today would be the day she'd encounter that person again. She was the one who offered wise counsel, the catalyst for her current self, the only person she shed tears for, the one she believed was lost forever. The prospect of seeing her again lingered in her thoughts, but she never anticipated it would happen so soon and effortlessly.

"Hanifa," Anisa whispered, wiping away the tears that had already traced paths down her cheeks. Hanifa stood by the door, a smile on her face.

No, perhaps this is a dream she desperately needs to wake up from because it's too overwhelming for her to believe. Hanifa approached her slowly, and Anisa couldn't just stand there; she ran, jumped on Hanifa, and embraced her.

Anisa cried intensely, holding Hanifa tightly, while Hanifa smiled and gently patted Anisa's back. "I miss you so much. I just hope I'm not dreaming," Anisa said with a teary voice.

Musbahu and Ashraf both witnessed the emotional reunion. They were moved seeing Anisa cry like that.

"When did you become a crybaby? I'm here now; you're not dreaming," Hanifa reassured, still comforting her. Despite the emotional moment, Hanifa tried to stay strong, suppressing her own urge to cry.

They lingered in that embrace for what felt like an eternity, finally breaking the hug when they were content. "Stop crying; that's enough," Hanifa said, wiping away Anisa's tears.

"I'm just so happy to see you," Anisa said, still in a teary voice, struggling to believe this wasn't a dream. Hanifa also hugged Khadija, who was thrilled but visibly surprised. "How did you come here?" Khadija asked.

Everyone was curious about Hanifa's arrival, and it appeared she came with Musbahu. "First, let's go to a restaurant because I'm starving. Then we can talk there," Hanifa suggested with a smile. "Oh, Anisa, you're such a crybaby now," she added.

Anisa pouted and made a baby face, giving Hanifa a funny stare. "Let me change my clothes, then we can go."

They waited for her to change into different clothes, and then they left for Cantina restaurant. After being handed the menu, Anisa squeezed her brows while reading the diverse food options. "Cheese garlic bread, sea pasta, chicken Alfredo pasta, spaghetti Bolognese." She couldn't take it anymore, rolling her eyes and adding, "Are we in some American restaurant? Onion rings? What the hell, I don't think I know any of this."

They stared at her, laughing. A waitress approached and asked, "May I take your order now?" They proceeded to order their food.

"Bring me some cappuccino, onion rings, chicken burger, and tacos," Hanifa ordered, prompting a weird stare from Anisa. "Why are you ordering something like this?" she wondered.

"I thought tacos were for breakfast; it seems like you ordered breakfast food," Musbahu remarked.

"I just want to eat them," Hanifa reiterated.

"How did you learn how to eat something like that? Ewww," Anisa commented, furrowing her brow.

Khadija remained quiet, observing them, as she was unfamiliar with the type of food being discussed, all she knew was tuwon masara.

"I used to live in other countries," Hanifa explained.

"May I take your order as well?" the waitress asked, still holding a notepad and a pen, referring to Anisa and Khadija.