42. He want his wife

Jessica had meticulously devised a plan to deal with Anisa, who had become her worst nightmare. Anisa's involvement in reporting the nightclub incident to the police had triggered a thorough investigation into the drugs found in the hospitalized girl's system.

Realizing she was the sole individual with access to bring those drugs into the country, Jessica feared the consequences if her involvement was exposed. Complicating matters, her husband was no longer willing to support or cover up for her, all because of  Anisa.

Fueled by resentment, Jessica couldn't wait to confront Anisa. She was willing to go to extremes, even contemplating the drastic step of ending Anisa's life. However, she decided to initiate her revenge by targeting a member of Anisa's family first.

Recalling her alliance with Anas, Jessica planned to execute this scheme together with him. All she needed was Anas's phone number to set the plan in motion and see how events unfolded.

.......

Hafsat and Anas embarked on their vacation to the Maldives Islands. Amid the enjoyment, Anas eagerly awaited Musbahu's delivery of the edited video featuring Anisa, as Hafsat's impatience grew. She was determined to see the video released at any cost.

Musbahu and Ashraf devised a superior plan for the video, strategizing on how to discreetly hand it over to the police without raising suspicions.

The following day, they meet with Hanifa, enjoying their time together. After much effort, they successfully convinced Hanifa to speak to her parents. They approached Ashraf's father first and then, together, they confronted Hanifa's father. Despite the challenges, he eventually relented, agreeing to cancel Hanifa's wedding and approving her marriage to the one she loved – Musbahu.

Despite Hanifa's father disliking Musbahu, he had no choice but to comply, as they even had to involve Hisba's committee. The wedding date was set, and their union was officially sealed. Musbahu and Hanifa are now happily married.

They decided to reside in Minna, and despite Musbahu not being wealthy, his family embraced Anisa warmly. She willingly chose to live with him. Ashraf's father generously gifted them a house, which they hesitantly accepted. While Hanifa's father remained discontented with the marriage, her mother, albeit not entirely pleased, seemed to give her approval. For Hanifa, it felt like a miracle; she never anticipated such a turn of events. Truly, Allah is great.

.......

She stood outside the house, elegantly dressed in a long Ankara gown with a veil draped across her head, extending to her neck and covering half of her body. Clutching a small handbag, she patiently waited for Khadija to join her, intending to visit Hanifa's house.

Having returned to Minna, she glanced to her right and noticed Ashraf standing by the garden, hands tucked in his pockets, watching her. Although she briefly met his gaze, she quickly averted her eyes.

It had been days now, and they had not spoken to each other since the day she went to his room back then in Abuja, and the funny thing is nobody noticed them. She knew his gaze was still on her, so she refused to turn in his direction.

She remembered what happened that night. After removing her underpants, he almost had sex with her, but she started crying, and he felt bad. It was like something clicked into his head, and he stopped what he was about to do and let go of her. Immediately, he stood up from her body. She quickly got up, picked up her hijab, and left the room.

Upon returning to her own room, she discovered that Khadija was already asleep. She sighed deeply, comprehending the close call she had just experienced. Grateful that nothing had transpired, she thanked Allah. She vowed never to play such a prank on him again in her life.