46.

He had been searching for Anisa since in the morning when he went to Auntie Nusaiba's place to check, but she was nowhere to be found. She went out with her car – yes, he had bought her a car.

They discovered her car parked by the roadside, but she was missing, and now it had been 24 hours with no sign of her. Ashraf missed her deeply, recalling the day he embraced her and felt her love and care in return.

Confirmation had come that she was kidnapped, and the news was abuzz with it. He felt his sanity slipping away, consumed by the desire to see her, to express his profound love for her, not merely to satisfy his longing but because he cared for her deeply. He sat in her room, crying like a baby, deeply blaming himself. He was convinced Jessica was involved. All those times he stayed out late were to keep Anisa safe from Jessica, and now his sweetheart was taken away.

☼☼☼

She finally opened her eyes, struggling to discern the figure standing near her. Blinking, she gradually focused and saw his face, leaving her shocked. "You," she whispered.

Her hands were bound behind her, attempting to free herself but in vain. "Let go of me."

He leaned in, smiling broadly. "We meet again," he declared, lifting his brow. "What? Are you surprised? I warned you I'd seek revenge for what you did to me."

"Please, don't harm me. I beg you," she pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

He used his fingers to wipe away her tears, saying, "Aw, don't cry. I won't be the only one to enjoy you, but I'll be the first."

"Rahim, please," she implored, fear gripping her without understanding why.

"Hello, Anisa," Jessica's voice reached her ears, and at once, a newfound courage surged within her.

"Well, I'm not surprised to see you, Jessica," she declared, fixing Jessica with a stern gaze as she was sitting on the ground, her back against the wall.

"Untie her," Jessica ordered Anas, showing no surprise at his presence. Anisa sensed a day like this was inevitable, and fear no longer gripped her.

"I warned you, Anisa. I told you not to mess with me, but you still went to the police. I'll deal with you, but before that, Anas and Rahim will have their way with you first."

She erupted into laughter, seemingly unhinged, earning perplexed looks from those around her. "You think you can do whatever you want with me," she declared, her face now stern. "I'm called the gossip girl for a reason." She didn't understand why she said that, but a deep confidence in Allah helping her escape this predicament fueled her words.

In the confined room, they lifted her and placed her on the bed, her hands now untied, yet she felt incredibly weak. Despite the impending threat, she didn't plead with them to stop. Rahim kissed her lips, Anas planted a kiss on her neck from behind, and Jessica observed. As they laid her on the bed, she remained silent. Unbeknownst to them, she had a plan in her mind, patiently awaiting the right moment.

When her hands were untied, the bracelet Khadija gave her began blinking, a phenomenon she hadn't witnessed before. Slowly, Anisa realized it might be a tracking device.

The bracelet emitted a green light, and with the limited strength she possessed, Anisa pushed them away, creating some distance. She approached Jessica with determination, delivering a resounding slap and swiftly disarming her of the gun. "Surprise, surprise, Jessica," Anisa proclaimed with a smile, raising her brow.

Jessica, still recovering from the unexpected slap, stared at Anisa, her palm on the cheek that bore the impact. "How dare you."

"You know I can handle a gun, right?" Jessica halted as Anisa pointed the gun at her. Anas and Rahim, paralyzed with fear, made no attempt to get off the bed.