9

Genevieve poked around at her dinner. She was too nervous to eat. She kept thinking about tonight. She was sneaking out of the house to meet Taylor and go home with her. She was worried about her parents finding out. But she was worried sick about this being her first time.

She liked teasing Taylor over the fact that she had something she knew Taylor wanted but couldn't have. Agreeing to do this meant finally giving that up. Part of her wanted to but part of her was afraid this was all Taylor wanted. That she would get what she's been wanting and she's discard Genevieve after.

"Genevieve!" Her mother snapped her out her thoughts. Genevieve looked around at her parents. "Are you alright?" Her father asked. "Y-yeah." Genevieve faintly smiled. "You haven't touched your dinner." Her mother replied. "I'm not that hungry." Genevieve replied.

"I hope you were being productive today young lady." Her father said cutting into his food. "I got my homework done and got ahead with my reading." She sighed. "I still can't believe you got suspended. Was it that girl again? The band one?" He asked. "Taylor?" Genevieve asked.

"Yes, her. That girl is bad news. Every time something happens it always goes back to her." He said as he ate his food. Genevieve stayed silent and poked at her food. "They haven't expelled her yet?" He asked. "They suspended the both of them, honey." Her mother replied.

"Why would they suspend Genevieve if she started it?" He asked. Her mother looked at her, "Because our beautiful daughter here...decided to retaliate and fill their brass instruments with pudding."

He looked at Genevieve and smirked, "Pudding?" He asked. Genevieve smirked and nodded. Her mother could never appreciate the humor in it all but her father was much more lenient, especially when it came to pranks. "We filled them with chocolate pudding and one of the girls got splattered in it, it was hilarious." Genevieve. "So it looks like..." He trailed off and the two burst into laughter.

Her mother stared the both of them down, unamused. Their smiles faded. "Sorry, mom." Genevieve replied. "I will never understand you kids." Her mother mumbled and sipped her wine. "It was just a prank." Her father shrugged. "A prank that almost got her expelled." Her mother glared. "I'm just going to head to my room and get to bed." Genevieve faintly smiled and excused herself. "Goodnight." Her father said. "Goodnight!" She called out and made her way upstairs.

--

Genevieve's parents had fallen asleep but she still hadn't. She stared up at the ceiling letting the hours pass by. She looked over at the time and saw it was midnight. Her parents were knocked out cold around this time so it was safe to sneak out. She nervously got dressed and packed a small overnight bag.

She stuffed her pillows under her blankets to make it look like she was sleeping. Her phone lit up the dark room with a notification from Taylor.

I'm waiting...-T

Genevieve rolled her eyes and replied.

Omw.

She tossed her bag out the window and carefully climbed out. She picked up her bag and made her way around the corner. Her heart raced the closer she came to Taylor's car. She opened the passenger door and got in. "It's about time." Taylor said, starting up the car. "Shut up, at least I'm actually leaving with you this time aren't I?" Genevieve said as she buckled up. Taylor softy laughed and rested her hand on Genevieve's thigh before driving off.

--
Taylor set her keys on the table near the door as they entered the house. Genevieve nervously rubbed her arm as she looked around, getting familiar with her surroundings. "Come on." Taylor grabbed Genevieve by the hand and led her upstairs.