6

The cries of a baby filled the room from the baby monitor. Genevieve softly groaned. Taylor gently touched Genevieve with her eyes still closed and sighed. "I got it." She tiredly replied and got out of bed. She grabbed the monitor from the nightstand and made her way out of the room and toward Maia's room. She set the monitor down and carefully picked Maia up in her arms.

"It's okay baby." Taylor whispered and gently rocked her in her arms. The baby's cries softened and she settled down. Taylor tiredly smiled and sat in the chair with Maia in her arms. "You always like to wake up in the middle of the night don't you?" Taylor said as the baby stared around. Taylor lightly booped her nose and kissed the top of her head.

Josiah tiredly entered the room. He stayed in the guest room from time to time when they wanted to sleep and get help with the baby. Taylor rolled her eyes and gently rocked Maia. "You're a little late." She replied. "Sorry, I got it from here." He yawned and carefully took Maia out of her arms. "She hasn't been sleeping that well during the night." Taylor said as Josiah gently rocked her.

"I could take her for the weekend if you guys want a break." He offered. "You're going to have to ask Genevieve." Taylor replied. Josiah looked down at Maia and smiled, "What about you princess, do you want to go with daddy?" He said in a baby voice. Taylor laughed and shook her head. "Leave me alone." Josiah mumbled and continued to rock Maia to sleep. "I'll see you in the morning." Taylor said as she walked off and made her way back to bed.

"Is she okay?"Genevieve tiredly asked. Taylor nodded and cuddled up against Genevieve. "Josiah has her." She replied. "He said if we wanted a break he would take Maia for the weekend." Taylor said. "That's not a bad idea." Genevieve yawned. "So yes?" Taylor asked as she softly kissed her cheek. Taylor waited for her response but only heard the sound of soft snoring. "Genevieve?" Taylor softly asked. Genevieve continued sleeping. Taylor lightly kissed her head and drifted back to sleep.

---
Taylor sipped her morning coffee and watched as Genevieve packed the baby bag with excessive items. "Remember to test the milk first you don't want to burn her. She likes to sleep with her blankie so make sure she has it. Also, don't forget-" she rambled on and was quickly cut off.

"Genevieve, I've been around plenty to know how to take care of my daughter. We'll be fine it's just two days." Josiah said as he put the bag over his shoulder and held Maia in his arms. Genevieve stared at the baby in his arms and nervously fidgeted with her hands. She hasn't been away from Maia for long and getting used to the idea of sharing her off worried her. "But if anything goes wrong-" she was cut off once more.

"I will call you in an instant and let you know. I got this, don't worry." He reassured. Genevieve nodded. "We'll see you in a few days." He smiled and walked off. Genevieve anxiously watched as Josiah left the house. She was tempted to run out and say she changed her mind. She felt Taylor's arm wrap around her from behind and pull her back against her body. "She'll be okay. She's safe." Taylor reassuringly whispered. Genevieve took a deep breath and exhaled. "You're right." She softly replied.

Taylor softly kissed her shoulder. "We finally get free time." She said. Genevieve turned her head to look at Taylor. "And?" She asked. Taylor stared at her for a moment as a soft smirk came across her lips, "It's been a while." She replied. Genevieve's cheeks flushed a light red. "Would it take your mind off everything for a moment?" Taylor asked. Genevieve softly nodded. Taylor softly laughed and led her off.

--

Taylor got out of the shower and saw Genevieve soundly sleeping. She approached the bed and softly kissed her cheek. Genevieve opened her eyes and looked up at Taylor looking down at her. "Shower is open for you." Taylor softly spoke. Genevieve nodded, "Five more minutes." She tiredly replied and cuddled back into her pillow. Taylor softly smiled and lightly stroked Genevieve's hair. "I'm heading into town for a bit. I'll be back." Taylor said.

Genevieve slightly nodded and drifted to sleep. Taylor softly smiled and watched her for a moment. She never thought she'd finally have Genevieve back again. Sometimes she still had a hard time believing she was really there. Everything felt right again. It was perfect. She softly kissed Genevieve's head and made her way out of the room.

--
Taylor scrolled through her phone waiting for her coffee. "Is there anything else I can get you?" The barista asked as she set down Taylor's coffee. "Can I get a box of muffins please? My girlfriend might kill me if I don't bring her something back." Taylor said. The barista softly laughed and nodded,"Ten dollars please." The barista replied. "Thank you." Taylor softly smiled and paid.

She scrolled through her phone and sipped her coffee. "Here you are ma'am." The barista said as she set down the box of muffins. "Thank you." Taylor smiled. "Taylor?" Someone asked. Taylor froze and slowly turned around to see a faintly familiar woman standing behind her. "A-August?" Taylor asked unsure. The woman faintly smiled. "I-I have to go." Taylor said tightly gripping g the box of muffins and rushing off.