32

Genevieve couldn't go anywhere without being pestered about Taylor and her new album. The rumors and speculation about them were only being fueled more and more. Josiah and Victoria watched her pace the kitchen stressed. "Why don't you just listen to the albums?" Victoria asked. "I'm not doing that." Genevieve replied.

"Did you get ahold of her team and try to settle this?" Genevieve asked. "Her team won't tell me anything about her whereabouts and they're saying there isn't much they can do, they said that would have to be personally settled with Taylor." Victoria explained. "Personally dealt with her, yet they won't tell us where to find her?" Genevieve questioned. Victoria shrugged.

Genevieve sighed. "Look I have things to do. I'll try my best to deal with this but I can't make any promises right now." Victoria said. "Thanks, Victoria." Josiah said as she left. Genevieve stared off lost in her thoughts and nervously fidgeting with the rings on her fingers. Josiah walked over and reassuringly held her arms. "Hey it's going to be okay, alright?" He reassured.

"But she's ruining everything." Genevieve glared. "Hey, you're only letting her win if you let her get to you. Just focus on the wedding planning instead." Josiah suggested. "Why so she could take away the attention from that too? Who knows maybe she'll show up the fucking thing in a white dress herself." Genevieve replied. "Just don't think about it. Think about the wedding. Distract yourself with that." Josiah said. "We can escape to Paris, Italy, have a beach wedding in Malibu, have a second wedding in the countryside vineyards of Napa. Whatever you want. Just don't let her get the best of you." Josiah said.

Genevieve huffed in frustration and looked up at him, "Second wedding?" She curiously asked. "We could have 13 just to annoy the hell out her." He joked. She softly laughed and hugged him. He smiled and held her tight. She felt a bit more at ease and comforted in his embrace. "Do you have to leave tomorrow?" Genevieve frowned. "I have that meeting with some producers in Australia, but I'll be back in a few weeks." He reassured. "Promise that if you're missing me you aren't going to go entertain some Australian girl?" She asked. He looked at her confused, "Why the hell would I do that?" He asked. She stayed clinging to him. "Just saying." She shrugged.

--

Genevieve was keeping herself occupied making notes in her wedding notebook. She planned out possible locations and themes. Josiah was right. It was a good distraction. But it wasn't good enough. She kept checking her phone every few minutes and refreshing social media and news stories.

She didn't want to feed into Taylor's attention grab but she couldn't help but get curious. She pulled up her albums and scrolled through reading the names and froze once she saw a song titled August. She tried not to think much of it and kept reading through the different track titles. She clicked play and let the tracks play.

She carefully listened to each song. One thing she couldn't deny, Taylor always knew how to write a good song. She flipped through travel magazines as the music played in the background. She stopped the album halfway through and thought back to all the previous songs she had just listened to. "I know where you are now you piece of shit." Genevieve muttered and quickly got up. She dialed Victoria's number.

"Hello?" Victoria answered. "I need you to arrange transportation for me I have to take a flight somewhere." Genevieve said. "Whats going on?" Victoria questioned. "I have business to deal with. Just get it arranged." Genevieve said and hung up.

--
Genevieve stared at the gates of the home Taylor built out in the Coastal town they busted when they were younger. She put the PIN code into the gate and walked up the driveway and toward the house. She never let Taylor know she was coming. She searched around for the spare key Taylor hid and unlocked the door. She stepped in and the house was quiet.

She closed the door behind her and looked around the house for any sign of Taylor. She looked out in the backyard and saw a woman in the garden. Genevieve glared and stepped outside. "Where do you get off pulling all of this bullshit?" She shouted. Taylor turned startled and saw Genevieve approaching. "How fucking dare you." Genevieve glared.

"What are you talking about?" Taylor asked. "You drop that damn album and all I ever hear about is you. All everyone ever asks me about is you." Genevieve argued. "I'm a musician, it's kind of what I do." Taylor replied. "Don't be a smartass." Genevieve glared. "I'm not trying to be." Taylor shrugged. "Dropping that album after the announcement of Josiah and I getting engaged?" Genevieve questioned.

"Coincidence." Taylor shrugged. "Dropping a second one after our Oscars win and after the media was talking all about us was another coincidence?" Genevieve glared. Taylor shrugged. "You have everyone going crazy over this shit show you caused. You better fucking fix this." Genevieve said. "Why should I?" Taylor questioned. "Because this is me asking you...for once, will you stop ruining my fucking life?" She asked.

Taylor stayed silent. Genevieve grew teary eyed,"For the love of god just let me move on." She said as her voice cracked. "Do you know how hard this has been for me? I finally found someone who makes me feel happy and safe again and I haven't felt that in years." Genevieve said. Taylor frowned and looked away. "I can't do this anymore, Taylor. Please just let me move on." She begged.

Taylor's lip slightly quivered as she fought back tears. She quickly wiped a tear that was emerging from the corner of her eye and stared off toward the ground. "Okay..." She quietly replied. "I'll deal with it." She replied. "Thank you." Genevieve said before walking off. She left the spare key on a small patio table and walked off. Taylor stared at the table and that's when she knew Genevieve was being serious. She wanted nothing to do with her anymore.