14

Genevieve got to set with her makeup artist and made her way to her trailer. "Ready to start filming today?" Penelope asked. "Not really." Genevieve said as they walked. "I thought you were excited about filming, what happened?" She asked. "Our stupid director happened." Genevieve replied. "Mason?" Penelope asked. "Taylor." Genevieve replied.

"Okay what's this about some on going feud you two have?" Penelope asked. "What feud?" Genevieve asked. "The tabloids just go on and on about you both and they've been crazy since you're working on this movie together now because of your supposed feud." Penelope replied. "You know I never read the stupid tabloids." Genevieve said.

"Well then why do you seem like you hate her so much?" Penelope questioned. Genevieve stayed silent. "Genevieve?" Penelope asked waiting for her response. "I don't want to talk about this." Genevieve replied as they approached her trailer. They got inside and the first thing that immediately stood out was the flower arrangement on her vanity. "Ooo who sent those?" Penelope asked. Genevieve looked around the flower arrangement for a note. "I don't know they didn't leave a letter."

"Me." Taylor said as she stepped into the trailer. Genevieve and Penelope turned to look at her. Genevieve rolled her eyes and looked away annoyed. "That's so sweet." Penelope smiled. Taylor looked to Genevieve for a response. Penelope picked up on the tension in the room and faintly smiled. "I'm going outside to make a phone call. I'll be back to work on you." Penelope said excusing herself and leaving the trailer.

Genevieve leaned against the vanity and crossed her arms. Taylor looked down in shame, "Genevieve, I was out of line yesterday and I want to apologize." She said. Genevieve stared at her in silence. "I didn't have the right to question you about matters that aren't my business. I let my emotions get the best of me and I really hope you can accept my apology because I don't want this to interfere with our work on set." Taylor added.

Genevieve sighed. "I suppose I can get over some of it for the sake of filming." She replied. Taylor looked up at her with a sad and regretful look in her eyes. "There's so much more I want to talk about and wish I could apologize for." She replied. "Let's just keep it business. This isn't the place for any of that. I don't need you saying something that makes me change my mind about filming this movie." She replied.

"Are we ever going to address the elephant in the room?" Taylor asked. Genevieve stared her straight in the eyes, "I don't think you want to go there. It's taken me years to process everything and get to a level of tranquility I didn't have before. If we get into this now I don't think I could work on this film with you, and the last thing we need is to start drama that fuels the bullshit narratives the media are spreading."

Taylor nodded. "Then are we at least okay?" She asked. "We're...somewhere." Genevieve replied. Taylor sighed and nodded, "I'll see you on set then?" She asked. Genevieve nodded. Taylor faintly smiled and left the trailer. Penelope quickly opened the door and entered the trailer once Taylor walked away.

Genevieve put her things away and got ready to get her makeup and hair done. "What was that about? Flowers?" Penelope smirked. "An apology." Genevieve replied. "How cute. I wish my boyfriend got me flowers after an argument." She said as she set the makeup out on the vanity. "We aren't dating." Genevieve replied.

"I never said you were." Penelope replied. "Then what does your boyfriend have to do with this?" Genevieve asked. Penelope began to prep Genevieve's skin. "I was just saying that when he and I get into arguments it would be nice to get flowers as an apology." She shrugged. She stopped for a moment and pulled away.

"What?" Genevieve asked wondering why she stopped. Penelope slightly laughed, "Wait...did something happen between you two?" She asked. "No." Genevieve quickly denied. Penelope gave her a look as if she didn't believe her. "Nothing happened, we just went to school together. We never really got along. That's all." Genevieve replied. "You never told me about this." Penelope said as she started doing her makeup again.

"It's not something I care to talk about. All anyone ever wants to talk about is if someone knows the Taylor Swift. If you make the mistake of saying yes, that's all anyone and everyone ever wants to ask you about." Genevieve replied. "So you hate that she gets attention?" Penelope asked. "I hate that they have to bring her name up to me." Genevieve replied. "But why?" Penelope asked.

"I can't say." Genevieve said. Penelope set the foundation bottle down and slightly glared, "You keep saying you can't talk about it, why? You know I won't tell anyone." Penelope replied. "It's more complicated than that, Penelope. It's not that I can't trust you." Genevieve sighed. Penelope nodded, "I understand." She sighed.

---

Genevieve exited her trailer and bumped into Josiah. "Hey. You look great." He smiled and checked her out. "I feel like a 50s housewife." Genevieve joked. "Well you look like a hot 50s housewife, embrace it." He joked as they walked toward the studio together. Genevieve looked over at him and softly laughed. "The 50s suit you well, Mr. Andros." Genevieve teased. He laughed. "What do you think of the script for the film?" He asked.

"It seems like a bit of a cliché, but it's not bad." Genevieve replied. "Why do you say that?" He asked. Genevieve and Josiah stopped walking for a moment, "She's a woman who's husband goes off to war but she starts this affair with a man who 'brings her back to life' per say. It's not bad but it seems...used." Genevieve replied.

"Interesting. But I think it's unique and the idea of it being 'used' only adds to the idea of infidelity." Josiah replied. Genevieve crossed her arms peaking interest, "Elaborate." She said. "Well she loves her husband does she not?" He asked. "But can you really say it's love if she willingly cheats with someone else while he's away?" Genevieve questioned.

"Fair point. But I don't think it necessarily means she doesn't love him though. If anything, I think she might have just been missing her husband, and her lover resembled her husband in certain ways, that in order to cope with his absence she sparks up that affair with him." Josiah explained. "They look nothing alike, how does that even make sense?" Genevieve asked.

"Two people don't have to necessarily look alike for someone to have resemblance. Resemblance can be in little personality traits and actions." He replied. "But how does that tie into the idea of this film being used?" She asked. "I guess in some ways you can say both men feel kinda used by the woman in the end. It doesn't make the cheating right. But it doesn't mean certain emotions weren't real either." He explained. "Didn't think of it that way." Genevieve replied.

"Jaxon! Genevieve! You're needed on set now!" A man called out. "Let's go before we get in trouble." Genevieve said as they continued walking toward the studio building. "I miss these deep conversations. We haven't had a good conversation like that in years." Josiah laughed. "It was actually kind of nice." Genevieve smiled. "Why don't we go to dinner and talk more about this? It's been a while since I had someone interesting to talk to." He said. "That's not a bad idea. But how about we do lunch for now, we don't know how we're going to feel by dinner." She said. "Good point." He laughed.