4

Taylor stormed in the room and went off to get changed into something more comfortable. Genevieve was resting in bed and saw Taylor angrily mumbling to herself. "What's wrong?" Genevieve asked. "I went to be civil like you said...I hate him." Taylor glared and paced around the room.

"What happened?" Genevieve asked. "I don't want to talk about it. I'm going out to the garden." Taylor replied and left the room. Genevieve sighed and grabbed her phone and texted Josiah.

What happened today?

What do you mean? -J

Why is Taylor upset?

She insulted me and got butthurt because I called her paranoid and insecure...which she is. -J

Josiah.

What. -J

Come over tomorrow.

I'm not going if she's going to be there. -J

She's leaving to run errands in the morning, she won't be here.

I'll be there. -J

Thank you.

---
"I'll be back later." Taylor said as she kissed Genevieve's cheek. "You have the list right?" Genevieve asked. "Yes." Taylor replied. "Okay. Come back safe." Genevieve said as she pecked Taylor on the lips. Taylor grabbed her keys and left the house.

Genevieve cleaned around the house and heard the doorbell ring. She made her way over and opened the door to Josiah. "Hey beautiful." Josiah entered and kissed the top of her head. "What are you doing?" He asked looking around the house. "I was just cleaning." Genevieve shrugged and led him toward the back yard. "What don't you understand about rest? You shouldn't be doing anything you could get hurt doing." He said.

She punched his arm. "Ow." He slightly glared and rubbed his arm. "I'm pregnant, not 83. I'm capable of doing small chores." She replied. "Fair." He replied. "So what did you want to meet about?" He asked. "You need to stop being mean to Taylor." She said as they made their way outside and looked out at the nature around them.

"She's rude to me all the time." Josiah glared. Genevieve crossed her arms and glared. "She's always making comments about wanting to exclude me from my own daughter's life. She's trying to take my life." He argued. "You know that's not going to happen." Genevieve replied. "The point is that those things hurt to hear Genevieve." He replied.

"Well she's defensive because she thinks you try to make her look bad and that you're trying to take me from her." Genevieve said..
"I'm not trying to do anything. This is exactly what we argued about." He said. "Josiah, you can't be doing things to upstage her and piss her off." Genevieve said.

"I will never understand why you chose her." Josiah said. "Josiah we talked about this." Genevieve replied. "I don't mean it in a way that seems like I'm trying to get you back. I'm saying it as a friend who cares about you Genevieve." Josiah replied. "She hurt you in so many ways and here you are. You deserve better even if it's not me."

Genevieve stayed silent for a moment. "We were kids. People change and grow." Genevieve replied. Josiah shook his head and looked off. "She was my first love, Josiah. I really do love her and if you love me you would try to be friendly with her." Genevieve replied. Josiah stayed silent. "Please? I can't handle the stress from all of this and I'd like to just have my friend and girlfriend be somewhat peaceful." She said.

Josiah glanced at her stomach and up at her. "Fine." He muttered. "That means no upstaging and no snide comments." She scolded. "Fine." He replied. She smiled and hugged him. He wrapped her in a hug and held her close. "Thank you." She smiled. "Did you eat something today?" He asked. "I don't remember." She replied. He playfully rolled his eyes and led her back inside. "Come on I'll make you breakfast." He said. "I want waffles." She smiled.

--

Taylor got home and entered the kitchen where she saw Genevieve eating and talking with Josiah. "What's going on here?" Taylor asked. Genevieve looked over at Josiah. Josiah sighed and stood up. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior and I hope we can move past this and be somewhat cordial." He said.

Taylor stared at him and looked to Genevieve. She silently ate her food and stared at Taylor waiting for her to respond. Taylor stared at Josiah as he held out his hand. "You'll stop flirting with my girlfriend?" Taylor asked. Josiah slightly glared, "I don't flirt with her."

Taylor stared at him with arms crossed. "Fine. Then stop making comments about keeping my child from me." He replied. They stood in silence for a moment and Taylor shook his hand. "Fine." Taylor replied. "Was that so hard?" Genevieve said.

"I have to go. I have a flight to catch tomorrow and I still need to pack." Josiah walked over and hugged Genevieve. "Have a safe trip." Genevieve softly smiled as he waved goodbye and left. Taylor watched him leave and turned to smirk at Genevieve. Genevieve froze midway to taking a bite of her food. "What?" She asked. "I finally get you all to myself." Taylor replied.

"Don't get any ideas, I'm not doing anything when I'm still pregnant." Genevieve replied. Taylor rolled her eyes, "I meant I finally get to have time alone to spend with you. I didn't mean it like that." She replied. "Then don't look at me like that." Genevieve mumbled and poked around at her food. "Maybe I was looking at your food." Taylor joked. Genevieve hid her plate away, "I'm not sharing." She said mid chew. "It's okay let me taste it off your lips." Taylor cupped Genevieve's face and repeatedly kissed her lips as Genevieve laughed.