24

Filming had finally wrapped up and they were finally on break. Genevieve was packing her suitcase and searching through her closet and drawers for clothes. Josiah was organizing her things instead of leaving everything scattered and bunched up in her suitcase. "Are you sure you don't want me to tag along?" Josiah asked.

Genevieve walked over and packed in some final items. "It's best I go alone for now." Genevieve said. "I won't be a bother, I'd love to meet your dad." Josiah smiled. "You know what...I think he'd actually like you." Genevieve smiled and zipped up her suitcase. "So does that mean I can go?" He asked. "No." Genevieve replied.

Josiah frowned. She gently cupped his face in her hands and looked up into his eyes. "I'd absolutely love to take you with me next time. But it's important I make that first step alone. I don't know what might happen." Genevieve sighed. He touched her hands and lowered them down as he held them in his. "How is going with Taylor 'going alone' though?" He asked.

"I'm not going with her. I'm practically hitching a ride there while she's visiting her parents." Genevieve replied. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" He asked. "No." Genevieve replied. "Genevieve?" He said with concern. "I'm being honest. I don't know. My therapist said this was important for me to do. She basically says I have to eventually learn to confront my past. If I can't step foot there without being at least somewhat okay...what hope do I have of ever getting better?" Genevieve asked.

"Just be safe and if anything goes wrong and you need me I'll fly there in an instant." He said. She softly smiled and wrapped him in a hug, "I will, don't worry." She replied.

--
Josiah held Genevieve in his arms as they soundly slept. It felt nice having him around. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so safe and slept so soundly. Her alarm went up disturbing her sleep. She tiredly groaned and turned to look at her clock. It was 6 a.m. she sighed and turned it off.

Josiah pulled her back into his arms and locked her in an embrace. "Don't go." He tiredly mumbled. She softly laughed and pulled away. "I have to. I already told my dad I would be there." She whispered. "Then go later." He replied. She playfully rolled her eyes and got out of bed. She got dressed into leggings and a cozy cashmere sweater. She gathered her bags and other necessities.

Josiah got up and quickly took her bags before she tried to take them down herself. "I can take them down." She softly laughed. "I have to tell you bye anyways so I'll help." He shrugged and made his way out of the room with her things and carried them downstairs.

Taylor was waiting outside the car. She saw the door open and smiled expecting to see Genevieve come out. She saw Josiah exit the house with bags in hand. He was dressed in sweats and a long sleeve and it was evident that he had spent the night.

"Hey boss." Josiah smiled and walked toward the trunk of the car to put Genevieve's bags inside. "Hey." Taylor said keeping a faint smile on her face. Genevieve walked out and softly smiled. "Ready to go?" She asked. Taylor nodded. "I'll wait in the car." She said as she went to enter the driver's side.

Josiah closed the trunk and wrapped Genevieve in a tight embrace. "I'll take care of the house while you're gone." He said lightly rocking her in his arms. "I'll text you when we land." Genevieve reassured. "Alright. Try to have fun." He smiled. She nodded and leaned up to kiss him goodbye. "Take care of my house." She playfully warned him. "I'll let you throw me in the pool if I don't." He smiled. She softly laughed and got in the car.

Taylor tried not to look bothered as Genevieve buckled up and waved goodbye to Josiah. Taylor took off and made her way off toward the airport. "Did he already move in?" Taylor asked trying not the let the bitterness slip into her tone. "Not exactly. He's still new here and hasn't found a place yet and I let him stay with me. It's been nice having company around again." Genevieve shrugged.

"So is he moving out when he finds a place?" Taylor asked. "I'm not giving him an eviction date. He can stay as long as he needs to." Genevieve replied. Taylor's grip on the steering wheel slightly tightened, "So I'm guessing things are getting serious between you two?" She asked. Genevieve faintly smiled and shrugged. "I don't know. He's been really patient with me and he's incredibly sweet. Ever since I met him he's always been nice."

"So you like him?" Taylor asked. Genevieve stared off at the road and softly smiled, "I haven't felt so safe and comfortable around someone in a while. But it's different. At first it was just nice having one of my best friends back, but these past few months we've grown pretty close and I really do like having him around."

Taylor tried to act as if those words weren't killing her inside but she faintly smiled and continued to drive. They arrived to the airport and Taylor was let in through the gates. She made her way toward her private jet and parked the car. Her security went around and unloaded their bags and helped load them onto the plane.

"Come on." Taylor waved for Genevieve to follow. They entered her plane and Genevieve was in awe. "I can't believe you have your own plane." She said in admiration. "Welcome aboard." Taylor smiled and sat down. Genevieve sat down in the seat across from her and settled in.

Genevieve checked her phone and saw a message notification from her dad come up.

Can't wait to see you! -Dad

She faintly smiled and sighed. "Everything okay?" Taylor asked. Genevieve looked up at her. "Uh yeah...just a little tired." She replied. "There's a small bed in the back if you want to sleep." Taylor offered. Genevieve glanced toward the back of the plane hesitant. "Go take a nap and I'll wake you up when we get there." Taylor reassured. "Are you sure?" Genevieve asked. Taylor nodded. "Thank you." Genevieve softly smiled and made her way toward the back. Taylor glanced back and saw Genevieve settle into the bed and drift to sleep. She faintly smiled and closed the curtain as she slumped back into her seat.