2

Taylor set the keys down on the entryway table and made her way to the kitchen. Genevieve followed close behind. "Are you upset? You've been quiet the whole way home." Genevieve replied. Taylor grabbed a drink from the fridge and took a sip. "Does he have to be around all the time?" She asked.

"Taylor, you and I talked about this. He wants to be part of the baby's life and I'm not going to keep him from that." Genevieve said. Taylor looked off and silently drank. "I gave you the choice too. I told you I was pregnant, you said you still wanted to be with me. You didn't have to make that choice but if it's a problem now I can always leave." Genevieve said.

Taylor sighed and set her drink down. "I don't want you to leave. I love you. But how do you expect me to be civil with the man you were supposed to marry 6 months ago?"she asked. "What exactly do you have against him? I'm with you aren't I?" Genevieve asked. "He doesn't like me and I don't like him." Taylor replied.

"Can you both just be civil? What are you going to do when the baby gets here?" Genevieve asked. "I wanted to talk to you about that." Taylor replied. "What if we get parental rights. He doesn't have to be around, problem solved." Taylor smiled. Genevieve looked at her unamused. "I'm not going to do that." Genevieve replied. "Why not? The baby would be with us most of the time anyway." Taylor said. "That's not the point. It's still his kid too. If he wants to sign away parental rights then that's his choice, but I'm not forcing him to do anything." Genevieve replied.

Taylor looked off. Genevieve sighed and wrapped her in a side hug. "Can you guys just work on getting along for me? And her?" Genevieve asked as she gently touched her belly. Taylor glanced down at Genevieve's stomach and up to see her innocent gaze and pouty lip. "Fine." Taylor sighed. "Thank you." Genevieve smiled and pecked her lips before going off to get dinner started.

The doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Taylor said as she walked off. She opened the door and saw Josiah standing on the other side. "Come in." Taylor said moving to the side and letting him in. "No snide comment?" He asked as he entered. Taylor forced a small smile on her lips. "Don't piss me off, I'm doing it for her." She said. He shrugged as they made their way to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Josiah asked as he rushed over and moved Genevieve away from the stove. "I was going to cook dinner." Genevieve said. "You shouldn't have to cook anything. You should be resting." He said. "Josiah, I'm fine." Genevieve reassured. "No. You go relax, I'll cover dinner." He replied. "Okay." Genevieve nodded. He held her hand ready to lead her out of the kitchen when Taylor swooped in and took her away. "I got it." Taylor said slightly glaring at him and walking her off.

He held his hands up in defense and walked off to get dinner started. Taylor led Genevieve to the living room and sat her down. "You guys don't have to fight like little kids to get my attention you know." Genevieve said. Taylor sat down and put Genevieve's legs on her lap to rest. "I'm not fighting." Taylor shrugged.

"You have little petty fights over who cares for me better." Genevieve replied. "Because he always wants to one-up me in everything." Taylor glared. "He's just trying to help." Genevieve replied. "No he's trying to show off and make me look bad." Taylor said. Genevieve playfully rolled her eyes and gently touched Taylor's hand, "Baby, I know you try." Genevieve reassured. "And you already know I love you."

Taylor gently ran her thumb over Genevieve's hand and sighed. "I know." She quietly replied. "Why don't you try and get to know each other?" Genevieve suggested. "How am I supposed to do that when he hates me?" Taylor asked. "You said he's always trying to one-up you and make you look bad. If that's true, killing him with kindness only makes him look bad if he doesn't reciprocate." Genevieve shrugged. Taylor thought about it for a moment. "So what if he won't be civil?" Taylor asked. "Then I'll deal with him myself." Genevieve replied.

--

"Dinner!" Josiah called out. "It's about time."Taylor mumbled. Taylor and Genevieve made their way to the dining room and saw the table set. Josiah led Genevieve to the table and pulled out her chair. "Thank you." Genevieve smiled and sat down. Taylor rolled eyes and sat down at the table.

"What did you make?" Genevieve asked. "I was looking through the kitchen and found everything to make one of your favorites." He smiled and approached with the food. Genevieve smiled and her eyes lit up when he set the food down. "You made the pot roast?" Genevieve smiled. Taylor stared as Josiah served Genevieve a plate. "Pot roast?" Taylor questioned.

"It's one of Josiah's specialties. It's so good." Genevieve smiled. Taylor stared at the food and served herself a plate. "It's a family recipe my grandma taught me." He smiled and ate his food. Taylor slightly poked around at the food. "It's one of my comfort dishes I can't believe you took the time to make this." Genevieve smiled.

Taylor bit the inside of her cheek trying to keep any bitter emotion from showing. "I told you I'd make you whatever you like." Josiah said. Taylor took a bite. The dish was savory and full of flavor but her pride didn't want to let her praise it. "You didn't have to." Genevieve replied. "I wanted to. My girls only deserve the best after all." He smiled. Taylor looked up from her plate and gave him a death stare. He stared at Taylor and smiled as he took a bite of his food.