5

Taylor and Josiah managed to be civil enough through the rest of Genevieve's pregnancy. They still had their moments but they found ways to somewhat get along. "Absolutely not, you cheated last time." Josiah argued. "I did not. You just suck." Taylor said as she walked around the pool table and angled her cue. Genevieve rolled her eyes and approached the bookshelf. She read through the shelves and felt a wet sensation trickling down and froze.

Josiah glanced at her for a moment and did a double take. "Are you okay?" He asked. Taylor stopped and glanced over as Genevieve turned around. "My water broke." Genevieve replied. A panic look came across both Josiah and Taylor's faces. "I'll go get the bag!" Taylor shouted and rushed upstairs. Josiah rushed over and helped Genevieve out to the car. "Wait don't ruin my car seats!" Taylor shouted as she made her way outside. Genevieve glared. "You know what? it's fine." Taylor replied, afraid of making her angry.

Josiah helped her in the car and got in after. Taylor started the car and made her way off toward the hospital. Genevieve's contractions were growing more and more painful than the last. "Can you hurry the fuck up!" Genevieve cried out. Taylor grew tense, "I'm trying!" She shouted and stayed focused on the road. "Remember your breathing!" Josiah said attempting to calm her down. "Shut the fuck up." Genevieve glared.

Taylor arrived and stopped out front. "Go get her in, I'll meet you inside after I park the car!" Taylor shouted. Josiah helped Genevieve out of the car and helped her inside. Taylor parked and rushed to catch up with them. They took her to a room and got checked in and changed into a hospital gown.

Genevieve gripped the hospital bed sheets and whimpered at the pain going through her body. "I want to ask if you're okay but I don't want to piss you off." Taylor said. Genevieve slightly glared and tried to control her breathing.

--

Genevieve cried out in pain. "Okay I'm going to need you to push." The doctor said. Genevieve tried to push but the pain was too much to handle alone. "Where's Josiah I'm gonna kill him." She glared and breathed out. Josiah stood off in his scrubs terrified. Taylor looked at him. "Father of the year, do your job." Taylor teased and shoved him over to the hospital bed.

Josiah nervously stepped up and offered his hand. Genevieve took it and tried to relax. "Ok remember your breathing and push." Josiah said. "I see the head. Give a push." The doctor said. Genevieve tightly gripped Josiah's hand as she pushed. Josiah's eyes widened and he groaned in pain at her tight grip. Taylor stood off to the side recording and laughing to herself.

Genevieve looked over at Taylor and glared. "Are you recording?" She asked. Taylor fumbled around her phone and stopped recording. "Sorry." She apologized and went to Genevieve's side. "She's almost there! Push!" The doctor said. "You're doing great baby. It's okay." Taylor comfortingly whispered and kissed the top of her head.

Genevieve gave one final push and felt relief. There was a small cry and the nurses went to clean the baby off. Josiah went off to check the baby and Taylor stayed by Genevieve's side and comforted her. "You did good." Taylor softly smiled and moved strands of hair out of her face.

Josiah approached with a smile on his face and the baby swaddled in his arms. "Someone wants to meet you." Josiah gently placed the baby in Genevieve's arms. Genevieve stared at the small baby that relaxed in her touch and felt the tears start to emerge. Taylor quickly wiped a tear away and looked at her concerned. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Genevieve nodded and stared at the baby. "What are we naming her?" Josiah asked. "What about Maia?" Genevieve suggested. Josiah nodded. "I like Maia." Taylor smiled. "I'll go take care of the paperwork." Josiah said and left the room. Taylor smiled and gently held Maia's small hand. "I can't believe it." Genevieve softly spoke. "What?" Taylor asked. "It feels like just yesterday we were teenagers fighting over things that seem so stupid. Now we have a baby." Genevieve slightly laughed.

Taylor softly smiled. "Want to hold her?" Genevieve asked. Taylor nodded and gently picked her up. The baby settled in her arms and slept soundly. "She likes me." Taylor smiled as the baby held her finger. "Well she probably recognizes you after hearing you for 9 months." Genevieve laughed. Taylor smiled and lightly rocked her in her arms.

Josiah entered the room and checked on Genevieve. "I'll be back. I'm going to run a quick errand." Josiah said. "Bring me food." Genevieve replied. "Where did you think I was going?" He asked and left the room. "Told you he wouldn't be so bad to have around." Genevieve said. Taylor playfully rolled her eyes. "He's okay." She mumbled.

--
Taylor kept an eye on the baby while Genevieve got sleep. She was so mesmerized by the tiny human in front of her and couldn't take her eyes off of her. Josiah quietly entered the room and set the bag of food he brought on the table and walked over to check on the baby. "She's beautiful." Josiah smiled.

"She's her mother's daughter, of course she is." Taylor quietly replied. Josiah silently stared at Maia. "My mom passed away a few years ago. She was the only family I had left." Josiah softly spoke as Taylor listened. "I was pretty lonely the years after. I didn't really have family. But when I found Genevieve again, I didn't just have a friend or a girlfriend. I had family again." Josiah said. Taylor watched as he stared at the baby just as mesmerized as she was. "Now she gave me Maia and I have a family again." Josiah smiled. Taylor faintly smiled. "Does Genevieve know?" Taylor asked. Josiah nodded. "I can't bring my family back. But at least I made a new one." Josiah said and looked back to Maia and softly smiled, "And there's nothing I wouldn't do for her."