21

Taylor anxiously sat in one of the conference rooms. The video of her and Genevieve had spread around the school. Rachel stopped talking to her and Bryan broke up with Genevieve. The door opened and Mr. Harris entered. Taylor looked at him and looked away in shame.

"Did I not tell you I didn't want any bullshit at Homecoming?" Mr. Harris said. "Not only that but a damn video leak?" He glared. "I didn't leak anything! I didn't even record it!" Taylor shouted. "Then how the hell did that video get out?" He asked. "I don't know..." Taylor quietly replied. Her eyes were welling up with tears. She looked away so he wouldn't see her cry.

Mr. Harris was always harsh on her, not because he hated her, but because he cared about her. He knew she had potential to do something great and he didn't want to see that hard work and progress ruined. But he could tell she wasn't lying this time. He silently stared at her not knowing what to say.

There was a knock at the door and in entered Taylor's parents. "Taylor what the hell did you do?" Scott asked. "I didn't do anything, I swear." Taylor replied. "Taylor you recorded a video of it?" Andrea asked. "I didn't! Mom I swear." Taylor pleaded for them to believe her. "Then who recorded it? Did you hire a film crew?" Scott glared.

"No! I don't even know how that video got recorded or how it even got leaked to anyone." Taylor explained. Vice Principal Sandra entered and shook their hands. "Mr and Mrs. Swift thank you for coming." She said. "So what exactly is going on?" Scott asked as they all took a seat at the table.

"Well the other student who was...apart of the video...she's in another room with her parents talking to authorities." Ms. Sandra explained. "Authorities?" Andrea asked. "They are working on making sure they can stop the spread of this video but they are also doing an investigation, and your daughter is the main suspect." She explained. "But I didn't do anything!" Taylor replied.

"Well you have to explain that to the authorities. But for now I'm just trying to figure out the problem and see where we can go from here. Her parents aren't too happy and it seems like they may want to press charges." She explained. Scott and Andrea looked at each other in frustration.

"Your daughter and the student involved have had a very tumultuous relationship over the years and this is starting to look like another attempt at some kind of revenge on your daughter's end." She explained. "I would never do something like this! I know I've been an asshole to Genevieve before but I would never go this low." Taylor exclaimed.

There was a knock at the door and two police officers entered the room. "Is this the family?" One officer asked. "What's the problem officer?" Scott asked. The officer sighed, "The family might be looking to press charges. As far as the video issue goes...we are working on making sure it's gone. Any further distribution of that video will be a criminal offense." The officer explained. "Well that's some good news at least." Andrea said.

"Yes ma'am, but unfortunately we are still trying to figure out where the video came from. All signs are currently pointing to your daughter." The officer explained. "But I didn't do it! I didn't even record it!" Taylor replied. "Well we are still running investigations on it. But if the evidence is traced back to you then we have no choice but to book you for leaking an explicit video of a minor." He explained. "But I'm a minor!"Taylor argued.

"State law says we still have to arrest you. We can let you go until we get to the bottom of this but if the family chooses to press charges we have to take you in." The officer explained. Taylor looked at her parents concerned. "What else can we do?" Scott asked. Taylor tuned out of the conversation and saw Genevieve walk by the door. "May I use the restroom please?" Taylor asked. Vice principal Sandra nodded.

Taylor quickly left the room and followed Genevieve to the office restroom. She quickly stopped the door before it closed and slipped inside. She shut and locked the door behind her. "What the fuck are you doing in here?" Genevieve glared. "Genevieve please, I know you hate me right now and you probably want me dead but I'm begging you to please just listen to me." Taylor said.

Genevieve stared at her in silence. "What do you want?" She asked. "I'm really sorry about that video...but I swear to you I never recorded it and I never leaked it. I know you probably won't believe me no matter how many times I try to explain it to you but I swear I didn't." Taylor explained. "Is that all?" Genevieve asked.

"They said your family wants to press charges on me." Taylor replied. "Good." Genevieve glared. "You can't let them do it please." Taylor begged. "I don't care. Leave or I can scream and tell them to press charges for worse." Genevieve replied. "If you press charges I'll have my parents press charges." Taylor blurted out in a moment of panic.

"What?" Genevieve asked confused. "I'll tell my parents it was you who really broke my window that night and I'll press charges." Taylor replied. "So you ruin my life and now you're blackmailing me?" Genevieve glared. "I never leaked or recorded that video. The charges they would put on me alone would ruin my fucking life. Would you really feel better about yourself if you let them do this to me only for them to prove I wasn't lying?" Taylor asked.

Genevieve stared at her in silence. "Please. You just have to believe me." Taylor begged. "Get out." Genevieve glared. Taylor frowned and left the bathroom without saying another word.