29

Genevieve was getting her makeup done for the premiere tonight. She had been avoiding Taylor for the past 4 months and tonight would the first time she would be seeing her again. "There she is." Evan said as he entered the room. Genevieve was about to turn to look when Penelope held her face steady. "Don't move." She scolded and continued.

Genevieve stood still as Evan came into view. "You never told me you were actually coming." Genevieve said. "Greg and I were invited. You didn't think we would miss out on one of your premiere's did you?" He asked. She softly smiled, "Of course not." She replied. He leaned against the counter and smirked, "But I don't think you really need us this time do you?" He asked.

"Why do you say that?" She asked. "Josiah." He replied. "Why would that mean I wouldn't need you guys?" She asked. "You have someone else to look out for you. So you don't need us as much." He replied. "I'll always need you."She replied. "So you really like him?" He asked. Penelope finished her makeup and was cleaning up. Genevieve thought about it for a moment and nodded, "I do. He feels like home in a way."

"How so?" Evan asked. Genevieve tried to think about it. "I can't really say. It's just a feeling and I don't know why. But he feels like something I've been missing." She said. "Well I'm happy for you." He nodded. "I'll leave you two to talk." Penelope said dismissing herself. Evan waited for her to leave and looked to Genevieve as she looked through her three dress options.

"What happened with Taylor?" He asked. Genevieve froze and silently continued to compare her dress options. "What do you mean? We were just working together. That's all it was." She replied. "I thought you were going to be civil. She says you've been avoiding her." He replied.

"Evan, I stayed true to what I said. I've been civil. But I told you before, I don't think being friends is an option. Especially not when Josiah is in the picture." She sighed. "I just want to know what happened." He said. Genevieve looked at him, "She kissed me." She said. His eyes slightly widened, "Wait what?" He asked.

"I went back home with her and she took me to this...town we used to visit. We were drunk, her a little more than I was. Then she kissed me and it was close to becoming more but I stopped it. I told her it wasn't fair to Josiah but she kept insisting and begging me...I just couldn't." She explained. "But she was drunk and unaware of what she was doing?" He asked.

"A person's true desires and thoughts come to light when they're drunk. She kept insisting that's not what we were there for but...drunk Taylor proved otherwise." She replied. He thought for a moment, "I know I've asked you so many times over the years...but what happened between you two that you just can't tell me?" He asked. Genevieve stayed silent and continued to look at her dresses. "The dark red one." He said changing the conversation. Genevieve looked over at him. "Josiah's suit is black patterned so it goes well, it also compliments your tan skin." Evan said before walking out of the room.

--

They all arrived on the carpet together. They took their individual photos and Genevieve quickly returned to be right at Josiah's side. He smiled and kissed her hand as they made their way inside together. They entered in and took their seats. Everyone was slowly filling the room. Genevieve looked around and saw Taylor entering inside with Mason.

She locked eyes with Genevieve for a moment as she was talking with Mason. Genevieve quickly looked away and tightly gripped onto Josiah's hand. He looked down at their hands and over to her, "Are you okay?" He asked with concern. She nodded and faintly smiled. He reassuringly ran his thumb against her hand and talked with the people around him.

--
Everyone was silently watching the movie. The audience seemed fully invested but as scenes went on Genevieve couldn't help but notice some scenes they felt familiar. "This is great isn't it?" Josiah whispered and watched the screen. The emotional scene they filmed is when it finally hit her.