30

A year had passed. Taylor went completely off the grid. No one had heard from her in a while. Oscars season was coming around soon and everyone kept wondering if she would finally show. But above all else she respected Genevieve's wishes and stayed away. Genevieve was keeping herself occupied with small projects again and focusing on her relationship with Josiah. Their relationship was still going strong and everyone still loved the two of them together.

The relationship worked for the both of them. Her international recognition grew and Josiah was getting more work and recognition in the States. Everything was so perfect it almost seemed too perfect at times and Genevieve didn't know what to do about. She guessed she must have gotten used to the dysfunction life with Taylor gave her that she forgot what a normal life could be like.

"Hello gorgeous." Josiah smiled and pecked Genevieve on the lips. Genevieve softly smiled and continued to read on the couch. He plopped down on the couch and laid her legs across his lap. She lowered her reading glasses and stared at him. "What is it?" She asked. She knew every time he was getting comfortable like this it was because he was getting ready to ask her something.

"Are you busy today?" He asked. "Why?" She questioned. "I just wanted to see if you wanted to get out of the house." He shrugged. "But I just want to stay in..." Genevieve whined. "How about I pay and arrange for you to go have a spa day with Victoria and Penelope?" He offered. "Are you trying to get rid of me so you can cheat?" She jokingly asked.

"Who the hell would be stupid enough to cheat on you?" He asked. She stared at him for a moment and looked off, "You'd be surprised." She mumbled and saved the spot in her book and closed it. "It's nothing like that. I just thought that you've kinda been having your bad days and worrying about the Oscars coming up and I figured a little day out with the girls might cheer you up." He suggested.

"And if I say no?" She asked. "And if I say I already paid and Victoria and Penelope are on their way?" He asked. "Josiah." She glared. "I didn't actually I'm just suggesting the idea." He replied. "Well I appreciate the gesture but I'd rather just stay in and read, thank you." She replied and opened her book back up.

"Then what if I got you something to add to your vast collection?" He asked and held out a thick book. Genevieve set her book aside and cautiously took the book he gave her. "You got me a book?" She asked. "Check it out." He smiled. She slowly opened the book and saw it was hallowed out with a velvet box in the middle. Her eyes widened and she immediately looked up at him.

"Magic book?" He shrugged acting clueless. Genevieve took the small box out and opened it to reveal a Blue sapphire engagement ring. "Josiah..." Genevieve was at a loss of words. He softly smiled, "I love you, Genevieve. I would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my life coming home to you, sleeping next to you, and feeding your book addiction." He joked. She teared up and softly laughed. "You're going to regret that last one." She replied.

"Never." He stood up from the couch, "I'll build you an entire castle filled with books, I'll fill the wine cellar with only the finest collection of wine, and I'll have only the best muffins made for you every morning." He said gesturing around and trying to paint the picture for her. She softly laughed and wiped her tears. "You're insane." She replied.

He smiled and knelt down by her. "I would give you the entire world, I would steal a piece of the moon, I would name every star in the galaxy after you..." He gently took her hand and stared into her eyes, "I would do absolutely anything for you. But all I have to ask you...is if you'll marry me."

Genevieve stared down at the ring and back to Josiah. She softly smiled and nodded. He smiled and slipped the ring onto her finger. "Perfect fit." He smiled and kissed her hand as they admired the ring together. "We're engaged." Genevieve said still in slight shock and disbelief.

--

News broke about Genevieve and Josiah's engagement. They were all that was being talked about in the news and media everywhere. Until Taylor decided to drop a new album out of nowhere. Her name and album took over everything in the media.

The timing and randomness of it all raised some suspicions. People started to find suspicious parallels tying some of the songs to Genevieve and that was all everyone talked about. The weird 'coincidences' and the way the theories were plausible considering the timing of it all.

The coincidences were all becoming so much that even the media started to peak interest and ask questions. But since Taylor had remained silent and no one knew how to find her or reach her, the burden started falling on Genevieve.

"Oscars are coming up, Vicky. I can't deal with this right now, what the hell are you doing to stop this?!" Genevieve anxiously paced her room while on the phone. "I'm doing everything I can and diverting from the questions. I already tried to reach out to Taylor's team to deal with it but they're saying it's out of their control." She explained.

"Then sue them! This has to count as something?!" She shouted. "You want to divert attention away from this, a lawsuit would only bring more attention to you." Victoria replied. "I know I just want this all gone." Genevieve groaned. "Where is she then? I swear I'll find her and kill her myself for this."

"Have you listened to the album yet?" Victoria asked. "No and I will not." Genevieve replied. "Maybe you should listen to it before jumping into anything." Victoria suggested. "I will not entertain it and I will not listen to whatever bullshit she made. I just want this gone!" Genevieve shouted. "I'm doing everything I can Genevieve. But you're bound to be asked about this when it comes to interviews at the Oscars and I just think if maybe you gave the album a listen you might find some things that help you deflect the rumors." She explained. "No means no. I'm not listening to it. Just please do something." She begged.