10

Their suspension was up and they were finally back in school. Everything was back to 'normal'. Everyone still hated each other and Taylor and Genevieve continued to act like strangers. Taylor walked down the hall with her friends, too lost in her thoughts to pay any attention to their conversation. She glanced ahead and saw Genevieve wrapped in Bryan's arms laughing. Probably to some stupid joke he told that wasn't even funny in the first place.

"Theater losers at 2 O'clock." Taylor's friends mumbled and laughed. Taylor stayed silent and continued walking. Her friends noticed her silence and followed her, "Taylor?" Caleb asked. "What." Taylor mumbled. "Aren't you going to say anything?" He asked. "Why?" Taylor asked. "You always do when we see the theater dorks." Caleb replied. "I don't care." She replied and entered the music room. "Go get your instruments and practice." She ordered.

Her friends shrugged and went off to do as she said. She looked through the music sheets trying to distract herself. She was jealous and she didn't want it getting the best of her. She had plenty of reasons to not be jealous.

Genevieve may have been openly seeing Bryan. But behind closed doors, she was Taylor's. Taylor may have had her in a much more intimate way, the way Bryan wished he could have her. But Bryan had Genevieve in a way Taylor only ever wished she could have her.

She wanted to hold Genevieve in her arms. Grab her by the hand as she walks her to class. Kiss her in front of everyone without a care in the world. But Bryan got to do all those things with her.

"Taylor. Ms. Clark needs you in the auditorium." Mr. Harris said as he entered the room. "Now?" Taylor asked. "Yes, now. Remember your punishment? They need your help, so go." Mr. Harris replied. Taylor sighed.

--
Taylor entered the auditorium. Genevieve sat on stage laughing with Evan and Amanda. She looked over and saw Taylor approaching. "Leader of the Band geeks finally showed to help." Amanda mumbled as her and Evan laughed.

"Go help Ms. Clark with the stuff in the classroom." Genevieve said. "What? Send her. That's her job." Amanda complained. "Just go do what I told you." Genevieve said shooing her and Evan off. They made their way out of the auditorium as Taylor approached the stage. Genevieve kneeled and looked down at Taylor from the stage.

"You actually showed?" Genevieve slightly smirked. "I didn't exactly have a choice." Taylor replied. "So does this make you one of us now?" Genevieve jokingly asked. "In your dreams, nerd." Taylor replied. "I'm a nerd now?" Genevieve questioned. "You've always been." Taylor shrugged.

Genevieve leaned down, "Then you must really like nerds then." She teased. Taylor softly smirked, "Maybe I do." She shrugged. Genevieve softly smiled as she silently stared into Taylor's blue eyes. She broke their gaze as the Auditorium doors opened. Taylor turned to see Ms. Clark enter with the theater students, "Taylor, there you are. I have a job you can help me with. Come along." She said as she made her way backstage. Taylor sighed and followed her off.

"There you are beautiful." Bryan said as he climbed up on stage. Taylor glanced back and watched as he pulled Genevieve in for a kiss. "Bryan!" Genevieve laughed and tried to move her face away. "What? Can't your Romeo get extra practice?" He laughed. Taylor rolled her eyes and went off to help Ms. Clark.

--
Rehearsals had ended and Taylor pretended to sort through the costumes as she watched Genevieve and Bryan talk. They shared a quick kiss and went their separate ways. Genevieve made her way over to Taylor, "I could feel your eyes piercing through me you know. You're not that subtle."

"Well neither are you and your stupid meathead boyfriend." Taylor snarkily replied. "He isn't stupid." Genevieve replied. "He's still a meathead." Taylor mumbled. Genevieve crossed her arms and smirked, "Are you jealous?"

"Jealous? Jealous of what?" Taylor asked. "You know what I mean." Genevieve replied. "You?" She questioned. Genevieve nodded. "Why would I be Jealous that a meathead like him is dating a spoiled princess like you?" Taylor argued. "Oh please, you hate him." Genevieve laughed.

"Because he's an idiot. Why would it be because of you?" Taylor argued. Genevieve gave Taylor a look and stared at her in silence with her arms crossed. "I don't have anything to be jealous about, I already get something he wishes he could without the extra effort of courting a brat like you." Taylor replied.

"There it is." Genevieve replied. "What?" Taylor asked. "You always go back to being the same self-centered bitch you've always been." Genevieve shook her head and walked off. Taylor frowned as she watched Genevieve leave the Auditorium. She grabbed her backpack and put it over her shoulder.

"Thanks for your help today, Taylor. I know it's not what you would've preferred but I still appreciate it." Ms. Clark said. "No problem." Taylor sighed. Ms. Clark noticed the somber look on her face just as she was about to leave. "Is everything alright?" She asked. Taylor turned back to look at her. "Yeah, I'll see you Monday." Taylor faintly smiled and walked off.