18

Taylor silently made her way to her car after school. Rachel was getting ready for cheer practice and saw Taylor walking toward the student parking lot. "I'll be right back." Rachel said dismissing herself from her friends and going over to Taylor. "Babe!" She called out. Taylor stopped and looked around. She saw Rachel approaching and faintly smiled. "Hey."

"You okay?" Rachel asked. "Yeah It's just been a long day." Taylor sighed. "Aww poor baby." Rachel frowned and wrapped Taylor in a hug. Taylor glanced ahead and saw Genevieve approaching with Bryan. Taylor held Rachel and watched as Genevieve kissed Bryan goodbye and watched him make his way to the football field for practice. Genevieve turned, her eyes met Taylor's. Genevieve looked away acting as if she didn't even see her there and made her way to the parking lot.

"Do you want to spend the night tonight?" Taylor asked. Rachel pulled away and looked at her slightly surprised, "Are you serious right now?" Rachel asked. Taylor shrugged, "It's the weekend. We don't have anything to do." She replied. Rachel smiled, "So you'll go shopping with me for my homecoming outfit?" She asked. "Whatever you want." Taylor softly smiled. "Then I'll be there." Rachel smiled and pecked Taylor on the lips before going off to meet with the rest of the cheer team.

--

Genevieve and Evan were in her bed watching a movie off her laptop and snacking on popcorn. "So what did you do?" Evan asked. Genevieve snacked on popcorn and continued watching the movie. "I did what I had to do." She replied. "Which is...?" Evan asked. "I ended things with Taylor." Genevieve replied.

Evan sat up and shut the laptop. "Evan what the hell." Genevieve glared. "You ended things with Taylor?" He asked. "Isn't that what we already talked about today?" Genevieve asked. "I thought you were ending things with Bryan?" He asked. "Why would I end things with him?" Genevieve questioned.

"Because you don't like him." Evan replied. "Why would you think that?" Genevieve asked. "Hmm let me think...maybe it's because you were screwing Taylor while dating your boyfriend? So clearly there's some feelings there. Just not for Bryan." Evan replied. Genevieve rolled her eyes, "It was just sex. That's all it ever was between us."

"Was it really?" Evan asked. "Yes." Genevieve replied. "Then why did you smash her car windows?" Evan asked. Genevieve's eyes widened, "What?" She asked. Evan rolled his eyes, "You were the only one missing that night, Genevieve." He replied. "Doesn't mean I did it." Genevieve shrugged. "And the little scars on your hands?" He asked. Genevieve tucked her hands away.

"Why did you do it then?" Evan asked. Genevieve shrugged. "Genevieve." Evan glared. Genevieve sighed, "I was jealous." She mumbled. "I'm sorry what?" Evan asked pretending not to hear. "I was jealous, okay?!" She shouted. "I was looking for her the entire night because we went out on a date about a week before winter formal and...she asked me to leave Bryan and but I never gave her an answer and she broke things off with me."

"Is that why she stopped working around us?" Evan asked. "She asked to be moved because she didn't want to see me. But when I went looking for her during formal I caught her making out with Rachel outside and I just lost it and broke her windows." Genevieve explained. "And she didn't even press charges? Did she know it was you?" Evan asked. "She showed up to my house later that night so...yes." Genevieve replied. "And you started seeing each other again?" Evan asked.

"We started an...intimate relationship. But we weren't doing anything more than that." Genevieve explained. Evan nodded and thought for a moment. "Can I tell you something about what I learned from being with Xavier?" He asked. "Sure." Genevieve shrugged. "Being with him felt like the best thing ever. I couldn't have him the way I wanted him though. So settling for 'just sex' seemed better than nothing." Evan explained. Genevieve silently listened. Evan faintly smiled to himself, "I wanted him so bad I was willing to compromise so much of myself and my happiness because I thought he was my happiness. I thought having him would be everything and he would eventually be mine. But he never was. Sometimes I wonder if this happened for a reason. But sometimes I wonder what would've happened if he just told me he loved me. Maybe we could've been happy."

"She's not the love you type. I highly doubt it's love." Genevieve rolled her eyes. "I'm not an expert on anything...but it seems like you're the Xavier in this situation." Evan replied. "How dare you compare me to that piece of shit?"Genevieve glared. "She wanted more of you. You said no. She stopped talking to you but then immediately went back to you and settled for a friends with benefits situation instead. Do you know why?" Evan asked. Genevieve stayed silent.

"Because she clearly has feelings for you! And I don't mean unholy ones. I think she really likes you." Evan replied. Genevieve thought about it for a moment. "I don't know...maybe we just don't mix. It just doesn't work." She sighed. "It doesn't work because you're incompatible or because you didn't even bother to try?" Evan asked. Genevieve shrugged. "Just try an think about it." Evan opened the laptop back up and resumed the movie.