8

Genevieve heard the doorbell sound and went to answer the door. She opened it and saw Taylor waiting outside. "Greg and Evan left back to New York." Genevieve said ready to close the door. Taylor quickly stopped it, "I'm not here for them." She replied. Genevieve opened the door back up, "Then why are you here? Because I didn't invite you."

Taylor faintly smiled, "I came by with the script." She said holding up the script in her hand. "I thought I told you to send everything to my people." Genevieve replied. "You did...but I wanted to talk it over with you and see what you think about it." Taylor shrugged. Genevieve stared at her for a minute and sighed, "Come in." She said taking the script from Taylor's hand.

Taylor entered and followed Genevieve toward the living room. Genevieve sat down on the couch opposite from Taylor and looked through the script. "I almost forgot." Taylor said holding out a small paper bag. Genevieve stared at the bag in her hand. "What is that?" She asked.

"I brought you a muffin from a bakery I stopped at on my way here." Taylor softly smiled. Genevieve stared at Taylor in silence. Taylor's smile slightly fell, "What?" She asked. Genevieve sighed, "Because I promised I'd try and be nice...I'm going to give you a minute to try and think about why I look like I'm about to tell you to shove that muffin somewhere unpleasant." She replied.

Taylor looked at the bag in her hand confused for a moment. Her eyes slightly widened and she set the bag aside. "I'm sorry I wasn't thinking. I wasn't trying to-" Taylor apologetically said as Genevieve cut her off. "It's fine." She said as she looked down at the script in her hands and read in silence.

Taylor glanced at the bag next to her and over at Genevieve. "So you live alone?" Taylor asked. "I do." Genevieve replied as she continued reading. Taylor nodded and looked around the room. "No pets?" Taylor asked. "I'm always busy, I don't have time for one." Genevieve replied. "You don't get lonely?" Taylor asked. Genevieve looked up from her script slightly annoyed. "Do you want to know my blood type too?" She sarcastically asked. "No..." Taylor mumbled. "I already know it."

"Taylor why are you really here?" Genevieve asked. "Don't get mad." She sighed. "Why?" Genevieve asked. "Evan asked me to come over." Taylor replied. "Why?" Genevieve questioned. "He said you tend to get lonely being here by yourself and I wanted to come check on you." Taylor explained. "I don't get lonely and I don't need anyone here. So you can leave." Genevieve glared.

"What about dinner?" Taylor asked. "What?" Genevieve asked. "Why don't we have dinner?" Taylor shrugged. "Dinner?" Genevieve asked. "Business dinner. Just to talk about the film and maybe work on us." Taylor suggested. "There's no 'us'." Genevieve replied.

"I meant us in a professional sense." Taylor clarified. Genevieve thought about it for a moment. "You said we needed to have a good relationship if we're going to be working together." Taylor added. "Maybe we need one of Ms. Clark's retreats." Genevieve joked. Taylor softly laughed, "I wonder how she's been."

"Her and Mr. Harris got married after we graduated and left. We still talk every once in a while." Genevieve replied. "You still keep in touch with them?" Taylor asked. "They went to every one of my Broadway shows back in the day. I'd never forget them." Genevieve said, "You haven't talked to them?" She asked. Taylor shook her head, "No. I guess after I left I kind of lost contact with everyone except Greg and Evan." Taylor shrugged. They sat in silence. "You know..."Genevieve said, "Maybe dinner wouldn't be a bad idea."

Taylor's face lit up, "Really?" She asked surprised that Genevieve was agreeing. "We have business to discuss right?" Genevieve asked. Taylor smiled and nodded. "Are you busy today?" Genevieve asked. "For you? Never." Taylor replied. "Good to know." Genevieve laughed.

--
Taylor sat and stared out at the ocean and watched the waves crash against the sand. August snuck up behind Taylor and wrapped her arms around her from behind, "Hey!" She shouted slightly startling Taylor. "Jesus." Taylor mumbled and held her chest. August laughed and pulled away. "Sorry, saw the opportunity and I took it." August laughed.

"Are you on your lunch?" Taylor asked. August shook her head, "No I just got off work and saw you out by the beach and wanted to say hi." She replied. She looked up and admired the corduroy cap Taylor had on. August playfully snatched it off of her head. "Hey!" Taylor shouted and tried to steal the hat back. August laughed and put it on. Taylor sighed with defeat. "How do I look?" August asked posing with the hat on her head. A small smile crept onto Taylor's lips, "Okay I have to admit you look pretty good in it."

August smiled, "Where did you get this hat anyway?" She asked. "From some small boutique here in town. It was a gift." Taylor replied. "I love it. Can I borrow it?" August asked. Taylor stared at the hat, "Just till the end of the day." Taylor replied. "Can I convince you to let me keep it a little longer?" August asked. "And how do you expect to do that?" Taylor asked. "Free coffee and muffins for a week in exchange that you let me borrow this hat for a week?" August asked. Taylor hesitated for a moment, "Just a week?" Taylor asked. "Just a week." August nodded. "Fine." Taylor agreed.