3

Genevieve drank the night away at the after party. She wanted to distract herself by any means necessary. Having to sit in the same room with Taylor in close proximity drover her crazy enough. "Did you see Taylor showed up?" Evan asked trying to act clueless. Genevieve stayed silent and downed her liquor at the bar.

There was small commotion that caught Genevieve's attention. Taylor appeared through the crowd of people greeting some in passing. She made her way over with a smile. "Hey guys!" She said over the loud music and hugged Greg and Evan. Genevieve looked straight ahead and silently sipped on her drink. Taylor looked at Genevieve and noted her avoidance. "Genevieve." She politely said.

"Can I get another please?" Genevieve asked the bartender. "We're going to go mingle. We'll catch up some more later." Greg said dismissing himself and Evan. Taylor stepped closer. "Keep your distance." Genevieve coldly replied. The bartender set her drink down and moved on to help someone else. "Can we talk?" Taylor asked.

"Why are you even here?" Genevieve glared. "I was invited." Taylor replied. "Why?" Genevieve questioned. "Because Mason and I are friends and he invited me?" Taylor replied. "Since when are you two friends?" Genevieve asked. "He's been giving me directing advice." Taylor shrugged. "For?" Genevieve asked. "For filming. So I can make my own film?" Taylor replied.

Genevieve glared, "Honestly, can you not let me have one fucking thing?" She asked. "What I can't have more than one interest?" Taylor questioned. "Music is your thing. Film is my thing. It's my peace and it's kind of hard to enjoy that peace because now you're being mixed into all of it." Genevieve argued. "I think there's enough space for the both of us." Taylor replied. "Not with a giant like you overshadowing everything. It becomes less about the work and more about you." Genevieve glared.

Taylor stayed silent for a moment. "Is this about me or is this about you still being mad at me for what happened 10 years ago?" Taylor asked. "Both. Nice to know you still remember." Genevieve glared and tried to walk off. Taylor grabbed her hand and stopped her. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. You can't keep avoiding me like this." Taylor said. Genevieve glared and pulled her hand away. "Watch me." She replied and walked off.

--

Genevieve rested her head on Taylor's lap and listened to the sounds of the beach waves crashing. "I wish we had a house here just so we can live on the beach and have moments like this." Genevieve said. "Well James and Elizabeth could pretend they have anything they want." Taylor shrugged. Genevieve sat up and looked at Taylor. "So we have a house overlooking the beach?" Genevieve asked. Taylor nodded. "We have a beautiful house that we can hear the beach from. With a beautiful piano in the living room."

"Books?" Genevieve asked. "And we have bookshelves filled with books and decorated with pictures of us." Taylor added. "What else?" Genevieve asked. "Whatever Elizabeth's little heart desires. I'd give her anything." Taylor smiled. Genevieve thought for a moment. "I really want a muffin." She said. Taylor softly laughed and pecked Genevieve's lips, "Then I'll get you a muffin." She replied. Genevieve smiled and repeatedly kissed Taylor's lips.

--

Genevieve came home alone. Evan and Greg stayed behind at the party. She kicked off her heels and tiredly made her way upstairs. She stripped out of her dress and looked through her closet for comfortable clothes. She searched around and came across a small box. She curiously picked it up and opened the lid.

There was a dried up flower ring with old photos of her and Taylor in the coastal town they frequently visited during the early summer weeks back in high school. She picked up the photos and silently stared at them.

--

Taylor quietly snuck up to Genevieve's window. She expected her to be asleep but saw her bedside lamp on. Taylor peered through the window and saw Genevieve looking through papers. She had a feeling someone was watching and glanced over at the window and saw Taylor peering in. Taylor softly smiled and waved. She motioned for Genevieve to open the window.

Genevieve playfully rolled her eyes and laughed. She went over and opened her window to let Taylor in. Taylor quickly climbed in and wrapped Genevieve in her arms. "I missed you." Taylor pouted. "It's been a day." Genevieve laughed. "I don't like being away from you." Taylor pouted. Genevieve rolled her eyes and pecked Taylor on the lips. She pulled away and walked back over to her bed. "What are you looking at?" Taylor asked. Genevieve took a deep breath and had wide smile on her face. "You're freaking me out." Taylor said waiting for Genevieve to say something. "Do you remember that theater art camp I told you about?" Genevieve asked. "The summer program?" Taylor asked. Genevieve nodded, "That one."

Taylor sat on Genevieve's bed, "What about it?" She asked. "Well I applied for it a few months back and a spot opened up this summer." Genevieve smiled. "That's great." Taylor smiled. "So I'll be off in New York for 4 weeks." Genevieve said. Taylor's smile slightly fell, "New York?" She asked. Genevieve nodded. "Do you have to go across the country? Can't you just do something locally?" Taylor asked.

Genevieve's smile slightly fell,"It's a big deal, so many great actors and actresses have gone to this program and it's so hard to get into. This could be my big break or help me when I apply for performing arts schools." She replied. "But do you have to be so far away?" Taylor frowned. "It's just 4 weeks." Genevieve replied. "That's an entire month! What about the plans we had for the summer?" Taylor asked. "We still have an entire month to do all those things when I get back." Genevieve reassured. Taylor looked off in silence. "I'm going to get ready for bed. I'll be back." Genevieve kissed Taylor's cheek and left the room. Taylor glanced at the door and looked down at the papers scattered on the bed in disappointment.