7

Taylor arrived back home. Her mind was scattered after her encounter with August at the cafe. She was feeling conflicted. There were feelings of guilt but she wasn't sure if it was guilt toward August or guilt over being reminded of what happened with August the summer Genevieve went away.

"Taylor is that you?" Genevieve called out from upstairs. Taylor glanced up the stairs and made her way up. Genevieve was halfway down the hallway ready to go downstairs when Taylor made her way up before she got the chance to. Taylor wrapped her arms around Genevieve and locked her lips in a kiss.

Genevieve pulled away slightly surprised. "What was that for?" She asked. "I missed you. Shh." Taylor said as she locked her lips back onto Genevieve's. The truth was she was hoping Genevieve's kiss would make her forget everything clouding her mind right now. She thought it would make everything better. Taylor kissed her neck and moved them towards the bedroom.

She stripped Genevieve out of her clothes with eagerness and moved her onto the bed. Taylor stripped out of her clothes and was quick to climb over Genevieve and lock their lips once again. "Taylor." Genevieve mumbled against her lips. Taylor kissed down along her jaw and down to her neck. "What's...gotten into you?" Genevieve softly asked as she shut her eyes and savored the sensation of Taylor's lips on her skin.

Taylor ignored her question and kissed down her stomach. Genevieve softly bit her lip enjoying the soft touch of Taylor's lips moving down against her skin. Taylor stopped for a moment before climbing back over Genevieve. Genevieve gasped at the slight pressure of Taylor slipping inside her. Her hands gently grasped at Taylor's back as she slowly rocked her hips to let Genevieve adjust. Taylor's lips found their way back onto Genevieve's neck desperately trying to savor the taste of her skin while her moans fill her ears.

She just wanted to forget. Everything was finally right for once. Taylor finally got Genevieve back, they were happy. But it felt like the past was all coming back to haunt her. She didn't know if this was a sick twisted test from the universe or just a mere coincidence. Taylor moved her lips onto Genevieve's, hungrily kissing her, wanting her kiss to drown out all her thoughts and worries.

It felt as if every painful memory was slowly reemerging in her mind. She deepened their kiss, her thrusts grew slightly more intense, while her fingers dug into the bed sheets. Genevieve dug her fingers into Taylor's back lightly leaving scratching marks against her skin as she filled the room with her loud moans. Taylor continued and found slight comfort as Genevieve's loud moans began to drown out her thoughts.

--
Genevieve's breath went back to normal as she tiredly laid on her back. Taylor stared up at the ceiling in the darkness of the room. "That was unexpected." Genevieve tiredly spoke. Taylor covered her up and kissed her head. "Get some rest." Taylor softly replied and got up from bed. "Where are you going?" Genevieve asked. Taylor slipped on one of her oversized t-shirts and sweats and looked off. "I'm just going to get a drink." She lied, not wanting to worry her.

Genevieve tiredly nodded and shut her eyes. Taylor watched Genevieve drift to sleep and quietly snuck out of the room and went downstairs. She made her way outside and stared off at the ocean. She listened to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. She looked back at the house for a moment and just stared.

She had spent every moment since that summer desperate to fix the mess she caused. She built the house they dreamed of and just wanted the life she so desperately dreamed of having with Genevieve after all the years wasted. She didn't want to ruin what they were slowly mending. Nothing happened but even being in close proximity and laying eyes on August again made her feel so sick with guilt it felt as if she did something wrong without having done anything at all. She just didn't want to lose Genevieve again, afraid that any form of conversation about it would only bring up old wounds and ruin everything Taylor was trying to make right.

--
Taylor stirred around in bed and tiredly opened her eyes. Genevieve wasn't in bed. She slowly got out of bed and went off to look for her. She made her way downstairs and towards the kitchen where Genevieve was snacking on a muffin from the box Taylor left from the day before. She froze and stared at the muffin in Genevieve's hand.

"Morning." Genevieve said mid-bite. She covered her mouth as she chewed and held out her muffin. "Want one?" She asked. Taylor silently shook her head. "You never told me you brought muffins." Genevieve said as she peeled the muffin wrapper off. "We got occupied and I forgot." Taylor faintly smiled. Genevieve softly laughed to herself as she thought about the events of last night.

"Are you sure you don't want one?" Genevieve asked. Taylor shook her head in response. Genevieve looked at her slightly surprised and concerned, "But you love the muffins from the cafe?" She said. Taylor stared at the muffin in Genevieve's hand and shook her head. She was sickened with guilt just looking at it. "Good morning!" Josiah shouted as he made his way toward the kitchen with Maia in his arms.

Taylor looked over and softly smiled. "Hand her over." Taylor held out her arms as Josiah gently handed her over. Taylor held her close, Maia began to uncomfortably shift around in Taylor's embrace. Her lip quivered as she let out a loud cry. Taylor stared down at her concerned and startled. Josiah and Genevieve looked just as surprised and concerned as Taylor did.

Taylor tried to calm her down but she only cried louder. "Hand her over." Josiah said gently taking her back. Taylor watched as Maia settled in his touch and calmed down. "She's never done that with me before." Taylor said. "Here. Maybe she just didn't recognize you." Josiah shrugged and handed her back into Taylor's arms.

Taylor held her and Maia once again let out a loud cry. "Maia, it's me." Taylor said as she rocked the baby in her arms and tried to calm her down. She grew frustrated as Maia refused to settle down. Josiah carefully took her back and she settled down once again. Taylor stared at Maia and frowned. "Maybe she's just fussy. She was with Josiah for a while maybe she just has to readjust. Genevieve stepped forward and took Maia from Josiah's arms. She remained calm in Genevieve's arms.

Taylor silently stared as Genevieve stood speechless. Josiah awkwardly looked away and scratched the back of his neck. "Maybe she's just tired." Genevieve said trying to ease Taylor's worries. "I don't know babies sense things..." Josiah half-jokingly said. Genevieve glared at him. "It's true." He shrugged. Taylor frowned and looked away. Genevieve looked over at Taylor. "I'm sure she just needs to readjust. She'll be back to loving you in no time."

"She didn't need to readjust with you." Taylor replied. "Well she was inside me for 9 months I'd think she would recognize her birth mother." Genevieve replied. "Yeah." Taylor said as she looked off and sighed. "What did you do?" Josiah half-jokingly questioned. "Josiah." Genevieve glared. Taylor tensed up, "I didn't do anything." She defensively replied.

Genevieve looked over at Taylor and noticed her uncomfortable and nervous body language and grew slightly skeptical. "I was kidding," Josiah replied. "Well it's not funny." Taylor muttered and walked off. Josiah watched her walk off and looked at Genevieve. "What's her problem?" He asked. Genevieve stared off as Taylor disappeared out of view. "I don't know." She quietly replied.