22

Genevieve entered the conference room her parents were in. She was already ashamed enough and they were upset with her. Mostly her mother. She took a seat across from them and looked down in shame. "Genevieve what the hell has gotten into you? This is the same girl who has been a pain in the ass to you and you were sleeping with her? Did she threaten you?" Her mother asked.

"No." Genevieve quietly replied. "Do you know what this stupid mess is going to do to you and your future?" Her mother asked. "It's going to-" her mother cut her off. "It's going to ruin it! Exactly." Her mother glared. "Honey...go easy on her this isn't her fault." Her father said. "How can you be so calm when an explicit video of our daughter is being spread around the whole school?" Her mother glared.

"What happened already happened!" He said, "We can't change what already happened. The cops said they were on it. But making our daughter feel worse about herself isn't helping anything." He argued. Her mother sat back in her chair with her arms crossed and shook her head in disappointment. "I don't want to press charges." Genevieve said.

"You bet your ass we're pressing charges." Her mother glared. "No!" Genevieve exclaimed. Her mother looked at her surprised that she raised her voice. "If we press charges her family could do the same to me..."she sighed. "What do you mean?" Her father asked. Genevieve looked up at them in shame, "I broke her car windows."

"Why the hell did you do that for?" Her father asked. "It was during winter formal...I got mad over something that happened and broke her windows. She knew it was me and she didn't press charges. She covered for me. But she could tell them what happened and that would put charges on me." Genevieve explained.

"Great so you fucked yourself over twice." Her mother sighed. "She's your daughter you deal with this because I can't." She said dismissing herself and leaving the room. Her father looked over at her. "I'm sorry dad." Genevieve whispered. He sighed and went over to wrap her in a hug. She wanted to sob in arms but stayed strong. "Honey I just don't get it." He said pulling out a chair and sitting down. "I thought you and this girl hated each other?"

"We do...Well we did. I don't really know what happened it just happened. We started secretly seeing each other and things just happened. I knew you and mom wouldn't be happy about it, I knew my friends wouldn't be happy about it, and I was right." Genevieve explained. "I never said I wasn't happy." He replied. "What?" Genevieve asked.

"I'm upset that you kept this a secret from us and that you're in this mess. But I would never be upset with you over liking someone. Your mother I can't really speak for though." He said. "I never said I liked her. I still hate her." Genevieve replied. "Honey let's not get into this argument because if you really hated her and she hated you, neither of you would be in this mess. That video wouldn't even exist." He replied. Genevieve sighed, " I just want this hell to be over."

Her father thought in silence for a moment. "We won't press charges." He replied. Genevieve looked at him surprised. "Your mother may get mad at me but I think it's the right choice for now. At least until the cops finish the investigation." He explained. Genevieve practically jumped into his arms and wrapped him in a tight hug. "Thank you dad." She whispered. "Don't worry kiddo." He reassured and tightly hugged her.

--

Taylor sat in the room with her parents waiting for the police to come back from talking with Genevieve's parents. They entered the room and Taylor nervously sat up in her chair. It felt as if it were a court hearing and she was about to see if she was getting a death sentence.

"So we finished talking to the student and her father." The officer said. "And?" Scott asked. "They have decided not to press charges." He replied. They all sighed with relief. "However, if we still find your daughter linked to this scandal. She will be facing charges." He explained. Scott looked at Andrea and over Taylor before looking back to the officer. "Understood. Thank you officer." Scott said shaking the officer's hand."

The officer nodded and left the room. "We have to leave but we'll see you at home. You're still getting a punishment for all of this." Scott glared and left the room. Taylor looked down in shame. "Get back to class honey. We'll see you at home." Andrea kissed the top of Taylor's head and left the room. "Get back to class." Vice principal Sandra dismissed. Taylor nodded and left the room.

--

Ms. Clark and Mr.Harris were both in Vice principal Sandra's office. "This stupid feud between your students has gone too far. I've already done so much to try and give you all a chance to work this out but it only seems to be getting worse. I don't want to expel these girls but they're really leaving me no choice." She explained.

"Then don't. They aren't bad students, Sandra." Mr. Harris defended. "Their behavior says otherwise." Ms. Sandra replied. "Are you really going to punish them for something that wasn't their fault?" Mr. Harris asked. "Your student is facing possible charges." She replied. "She didn't do it." Mr. Harris argued. "And how would you know?" She questioned.

"Because I just do. Taylor's been my student for the past 3 years and I know when she's lying and I know when she isn't. I see it in her eyes. She isn't lying." He argued. "Your hunch isn't enough evidence, Mr. Harris." She replied. "He's right." Ms. Clark agreed. "I am?" He asked surprised she was agreeing. "Taylor's been around me a lot during her punishment and she's not a bad kid. She seems just as horrified about this as Genevieve is. I really don't think she was the one to do this." Ms. Clark explained.

"And what proof do either of you have?" Ms. Sandra asked. "We don't have proof. But we know our students. Do you really think either of these girls would leak something like this? A video of an intimate affair that they didn't want anyone to know about?" Ms. Clark asked. Ms. Sandra stayed silent in thought for a moment. "Exactly. What do either of them gain from this?" Me. Harris asked. "Your student has been known to take the revenge route Mr. Harris." Ms. Sandra replied.

"Okay fair point. But if this was Taylor just trying to be some petty asshole, wouldn't she have leaked a video of Genevieve with someone else? Or maybe even intimate photos of Genevieve? Why would she leak something that includes herself?" Mr. Harris asked. "Look even if you both have a point, the facts of the case aren't looking that great. Aside from this disaster, your students have already caused enough havoc from their stupid feud alone if they can't get along I'm going to be forced to do some things I really don't want to do." She explained.

"Then what if we straighten them out?" Ms. Clark asked. "In what way?" Ms. Sandra asked. "We take them out on a retreat during break." Ms. Clark suggested. "Oh enough of that hippie crap." Mr. Harris replied. Ms. Clark slightly glared at him and looked back to Ms. Sandra. "I've been on plenty of these, we can make it a team building thing and maybe we can get them to make amends somehow." She suggested.

Ms. Sandra thought about it for a moment and nodded. "Alright then, that will be a requirement and assigned punishment. I'll talk about it with their parents. You just get the consent slips signed." Ms. Sandra nodded. "Wait you're really going to make us do this?" He asked. "Mandatory. That means you too." Ms. Sandra replied. "Fine." Mr. Harris sighed.