11

Taylor was painting one of the background sets for the play, keeping to herself while some students were packing up and ready to leave rehearsal's. Genevieve watched Taylor from afar. She was wearing a black t-shirt with an unbuttoned flannel and distressed black jeans. Her hair was tied back so it wasn't in her face while she focused on painting.

Genevieve couldn't help but stare and admire her. "Are you coming?" Evan asked. "I'll text you guys later I need to see Ms. Clark about something." Genevieve replied. Her friends nodded and left. Genevieve made her way over to Taylor.

Taylor looked up and saw Genevieve approaching. "What do you want?" Taylor sighed and began to clean up the paint supplies. "Did I do something wrong?" Genevieve asked. "The last time we talked you called me a self-centered bitch, so I don't know you tell me." Taylor said walking off.

Genevieve quickly followed her backstage. "Because you were being rude." Genevieve replied. Taylor put away the paint supplies, "Because you're obnoxious." Taylor replied. Genevieve crossed her arms, "I'm obnoxious?"

"Yes. You are." Taylor replied. The stared at each other in silence. The tension between them spoke for itself. Genevieve stepped forward, lightly gripping Taylor's open flannel and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. Genevieve slightly pulled away, staring at Taylor's lips and glancing up into Taylor's blue eyes. "I was supposed to meet Bryan today but I could blow him off and go with you."Genevieve said as she kept her gaze locked on Taylor's.

"You'd ditch him for me?" Taylor asked. Genevieve nodded. Taylor thought about it for a moment and softly smiled. "Fine, let's go." Taylor grabbed her Genevieve by the hand and pulled her off. "Wait where are we going?" Genevieve asked. "Don't worry about it." Taylor smiled and tugged her along.

--

Taylor and Genevieve wandered the streets of a unfamiliar town. A neighboring town where no one knew who they were, where Taylor could actually have Genevieve to herself, even if it was just for a moment. "Why did we come all the way out here?" Genevieve asked.

Taylor shrugged. "Maybe I wanted a change of scenery." She said as she grabbed Genevieve by the hand and walked. Genevieve stared down at their hands. Taylor held her hand with a level of protectiveness Genevieve never felt before. She softly smiled to herself and interlocked her fingers with Taylor's.

Taylor glanced down at their hands and softly smiled over at Genevieve. "Want Ice cream?" Taylor asked. "What are we on, a date?" Genevieve jokingly asked. Taylor softly smirked, "Probably better than any date Bryan could take you on."

"Is that so?" Genevieve asked. "What's his idea of a date? Mansplaining the godfather and rambling on about football?" Taylor asked. "Are you willing to prove your case?" Genevieve asked. Taylor stopped and looked at Genevieve. "Are you saying you want me to take you on a date?" Taylor smirked. "I'm just saying, that's big talk." Genevieve softly smirked and shrugged. Taylor rested her hands on her hips and stepped close, "If you want me to romance you, Grey. All you have to do is ask."

Genevieve crossed her arms and stared up into Taylor's blue eyes, "I'm just telling you to prove it. It's one thing to talk. It's another to act." She replied. Taylor softly smirked. "You're on. Come on." Taylor grabbed her by the hand and tugged her along.

---
Taylor and Genevieve sat together in a booth toward the back of a restaurant. "So how's the winter play coming along?" Taylor asked. "You've been around. What do you think?" Genevieve replied. "I've been a little preoccupied being Ms. Clark's personal assistant to pay attention." Taylor said and took a sip of her water.

"It's been going well. I'm just not sure about doing it with Bryan." Genevieve sighed. "Why?" Taylor asked. Genevieve hesitated, "We'll you know we have one particular scene in the play and..." she trailed off. Taylor smirked, "oh my god he's a bad kisser, isn't he?"

Genevieve's cheeks flushed red. "You can always pretend it's me if that helps." Taylor said. Genevieve rolled her eyes and tried to hide her smile. "Or...better suggestion. I'll take his part." Taylor smirked. Genevieve's eyes slightly widened. "Shut up." She softly laughed.

"Hey, I'm just trying to help." Taylor laughed. Genevieve looked into Taylor's blue eyes and softly smiled. Taylor softly smiled and admired Genevieve's face. She wanted nothing more than to just pull her in and kiss her.

"Here you are." The waitress said as she set their plates down. "Thank you." Taylor replied. Genevieve took a French fry from her plate and took a bite. Taylor swirled some of her pasta around on a fork and lifted it up to Genevieve's lips. Genevieve glanced at her fork and up at Taylor. "Try some." Taylor smiled. Genevieve softly laughed and wrapped her lips around the fork. Genevieve's eyes slightly widened once the flavor hit her tongue. "That's good."

"See I have good taste." Taylor laughed. "Switch me food." Genevieve tried to grab at Taylor's plate. Taylor quickly pulled it away. "Hey, you made your choice." Taylor laughed. Genevieve frowned. Taylor rolled her eyes and got another forkful of pasta. "Here." She softly laughed and lifted the fork back up to Genevieve's lips.

"Are you going to feed me every time?" Genevieve laughed and took a bite. Taylor softly smiled, "Maybe I like feeding you." Taylor shrugged. Genevieve picked a fry up from her plate and lifted it up to Taylor's lips, "Sharing is caring right?" She asked. Taylor took a bite and smiled.

--
Genevieve and Taylor were lip locked in Taylor's car. Genevieve's hands were tangled in Taylor's hair. The windows were slightly fogged from the heat between them. Taylor stopped herself before it went any further and sat back.

"What's wrong?" Genevieve asked. Taylor sat in silence contemplating if she should say what was one her mind. "Taylor?" Genevieve asked awaiting a response. "W-what does Bryan have that I don't?" Taylor asked. "What?" Genevieve asked confused about where this conversation was coming from.

"Do you even like him? Like honestly." Taylor asked. "Taylor..."Genevieve sighed. "I need to know." Taylor replied. "Why?" Genevieve asked. "Because I don't think I can do this anymore." Taylor replied. "Do what?" Genevieve asked. "This. Whatever this is." Taylor sighed, "Genevieve...I like you. I don't want to be some secret lover you see from time to time when you get bored of your boyfriend."

"Why can't we just keep things how they are." Genevieve sighed. "Because I don't like how things are!" Taylor argued. Genevieve stayed silent and looked off. Taylor took a deep breath and exhaled, "Genevieve...I can't do this anymore. It's him or me." Taylor said giving her an ultimatum. Genevieve stayed silent and stared at her hands. Taylor noted her silence and did her best to keep calm, "I guess that's your answer."

"Taylor I'm-" Genevieve tried to explain. "Just go." Taylor sighed unable to look at Genevieve. Genevieve frowned and got out of the car. She took one final glance at Taylor and made her way toward her home. Taylor's eyes began to well up with tears. She quickly wiped her tears and tightly gripped the steering wheel as she drove off.