31

Josiah and Genevieve were in the back of the car making their way toward the venue. Genevieve was nervous. She was a nominee for best actress this year and all of that was being being overshadowed over speculation of Taylor's album. All eyes were going to be on her but she was afraid every interviewer's questions were going to be on Taylor.

"You okay?" Josiah asked. Genevieve faintly smiled and nodded. They sat in silence for a moment. "Can I ask you something?" Josiah said breaking the silence. "Sure. Is everything okay?" She asked. "What's this stuff going around about Taylor's new album being about you?" He asked. Genevieve felt like she stopped breathing at that moment. "Just stupid gossip going around because we did that movie." Genevieve brushed off.

Josiah wanted nothing more than to not be having this conversation now but it was becoming too much to ignore. "Did something happen between you two?" He asked. "Of course not." Genevieve replied. "What about when you guys went back to your home town?" He asked. Genevieve stared out the window, "Nothing happened." She replied. He wasn't sure if she was telling the truth. But part of him was afraid to know the truth. Afraid his worst thoughts might be true.

"I just want to focus on the Oscars right now. But because of all this crap everyone started I know the focus is just going to be on Taylor. Especially now that she's gone off the grid and no one knows where she is." Genevieve said. "But why would that irritate you?" He asked. "Because she always has to ruin moment like this for me." She glared, "She did it when we were younger and she's doing it again."

"What did she do?" He asked. "My theater teacher was going to let me direct the fall play, and because Taylor ruined our costumes and sabotaged me, I lost that chance and she ruined my big moment. She always has to do something to get the upper hand in shit like this." Genevieve explained. "Why would she be trying to do that now?" Josiah asked.

"Josiah. She dropped that fucking album the moment our engagement was the one thing all over the news." Genevieve said. "Maybe it was a coincidence?" He shrugged. "It's never a coincidence." Genevieve muttered and looked away. "Let's say she did do it to get under your skin." Josiah said, "Then what does it mean?" He asked. "That she's a bitch." Genevieve replied.

Josiah softly laughed and shook his head. "Let's just focus on tonight, if anyone brings it up Vicky will deal with it and I'll just whisk you away." He reassured and kissed the back of her hand. Genevieve felt slightly more at ease and nodded.

--

Genevieve was at table with Josiah and Mason and few other nominees. "So is Taylor coming at all?" One asked. Genevieve stayed silent and sipped her champagne. "No she isn't unfortunately." Mason replied. "That album she released is great, I wish she was here." One of the other guests said.

Genevieve anxiously bounced her leg and Josiah put his hand on her thigh to stop and reassure her. "It's okay just ignore them." Josiah whispered in her ear. She nodded and looked toward the stage as they were coming back from a break. The nominees for best actress were up and she was a nervous wreck deep down but she wasn't letting it show.

The presenters spoke but Genevieve tuned out and stared at the floor nervous. Josiah held her hand as they began to list off the nominees. "And the winner is..." The presenter said opening the card. "Genevieve Grey." The presenter smiled. Genevieve felt her heart drop. She looked over at Josiah in disbelief. He had a big smile on his face and stood up and cheered. She stood up and he wrapped her in a tight hug and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

She approached the stage and accepted her award and stood in front of the microphone. "Wow...I've been waiting forever for this." She joked and everyone laughed. "I guess I'd just like to thank everyone who worked so hard on this film, I'd love to thank my amazing team and..." She looked to see Josiah proudly standing amongst the crowd of seated people and smiled. "I'd love to thank my amazing fiancé for being such an amazing co-star and being one of my biggest supporters especially when I've just been a nervous wreck all night." She smiled. The crowd cheered. "Thank you so much." She said one final time and made her way off stage.

---

Josiah and Genevieve were enjoying the night at an after party. Their film won so many awards, Genevieve and Josiah won best actor and actress, the tabloids were gushing about their speeches and support to one another during the night. Everything was going well.

There were notification chimes flooding the room. "Oh my god did you guys see!" Someone shouted. Genevieve checked her phone and her smile dropped. "What is it?" Josiah asked and peeked at her phone. Taylor had surprise dropped a second album. "Her drop was already taking headlines and burying any Oscar related news and any news about Genevieve's win.

Josiah looked slightly surprised. Genevieve locked her phone and looked at him, "Do you believe me now?" She asked. He was at a loss for words. "I mean it's strange but..." he couldn't even think of an excuse to explain it. "Of course she ruins this too." Genevieve muttered.