30

Genevieve was in her room doing homework and heard the doorbell ring. She got curious and went to peek out from upstairs. She heard a familiar voice talking to her father. "Hi Mr. Grey." Taylor faintly smiled. "Genevieve isn't really allowed to see anyone right now." He replied. "Actually, I'm here to see you." Taylor replied. Genevieve silently eavesdropped.

"Me?" He questioned. Taylor nodded, "I wanted to formally apologize for any problems that I may have brought you and your family. I really care about your daughter and I swear I didn't have anything to do with this, I would never do anything like this to her. But I understand if you have an issue with me and that's why you don't want Genevieve to see me. But I really care about her." She explained.

He stared at her in silence. She was nervous and her heart was racing while she waited for his response. A small smile grew on his lips, "I don't have a problem with you." He replied. "You don't?" She asked. "Genevieve's mother might, but I don't. I don't think you're a bad kid and I don't think you were the one who caused this mess." He replied. "So does this mean I have permission to see your daughter?" Taylor asked.

"I don't know, Genevieve would you like to keep seeing her?" He asked. Genevieve froze. "I know you're eavesdropping." He said and turned to look up the stairs. "Hi." Genevieve nervously smiled and walked downstairs. "But Mom didn't want me seeing her." Genevieve said. "Don't worry about your mother. What do you want?" He asked. Genevieve looked over at Taylor. Taylor silently waited for Genevieve's response.

"How about I leave you two to talk." He said and dismissed himself. "Why did you come here?" Genevieve asked. "I didn't like how we left things yesterday. I'm not giving up that easy." Taylor replied. "Taylor." Genevieve sighed. "No, Genevieve. I don't care what anyone says. I want to be with you and if anyone has anything stupid to say then they can deal with me because I'm not letting them do anything to you." Taylor argued.

Genevieve faintly smiled. "So let them say whatever stupid shit they want. I've been waiting forever for this and I'm not giving up my chance of finally having you." Taylor said. "We should probably talk about that." Genevieve replied. "What?" Taylor asked. "We should go meet Evan and Greg. They can help explain all of it better." She replied. "Right now?" Taylor asked.

"I can ask them to meet up at the coffee shop right now." Genevieve suggested. "Are you allowed to go out?" Taylor asked. "Go ahead." Her father said. They looked back and saw him standing in the hallway. "Really? What about mom." Genevieve asked. "Just go." He replied. "Thanks dad." Genevieve smiled and grabbed her purse. "Thanks Mr. Grey." Taylor smiled. "So I'm guessing you'll start coming in through the front door instead of sneaking into Genevieve's window now?" He jokingly asked.

Taylor's eyes slightly widened. "Wait you knew?!" She asked. "Come on!" Genevieve said grabbing Taylor by the arm and tugging her off to the car.

--

Evan scrolled through his social media stalking Amanda and Bryan's pages for some sort of evidence. "So would this technically qualify as a date?" Greg jokingly asked. Evan looked over at Greg. "I told you we're just helping our friends out." He replied. "I'm not hearing a no." Greg smiled. Evan rolled his eyes and continued scrolling through his phone.

Taylor and Genevieve entered the coffee shop and went over to the booth they were in. "What's going on?" Taylor asked as she sat with Genevieve. "We think we might have a lead on who leaked the video." Evan replied. "Who?" Taylor asked. "Amanda." Evan said. "That girl you guys were friends with?" Taylor asked.

"She's dating Bryan now." Genevieve replied. "So how does she fit into this?" Taylor asked. "Her and Bryan both transferred out of the theater class the same time. They didn't go to the retreat with us and then once we came back from break all of a sudden they're dating and she's hanging out with the popular clique." Evan explained. Taylor shook her head, "I still don't follow."

"She knew about us." Genevieve replied. Taylor looked over at her confused, "How?" She asked. "She figured it out the night before formal. I was heartbroken over you and she knew something was up and confronted me about it and I thought I could trust her, but I was wrong." Genevieve explained. A small smile crept on Taylor's lips, "You were heartbroken over me?" She asked.

Genevieve's cheeks flushed red, "Shut up, that's not the point." She replied. "So you think she told Bryan?" Taylor asked. "Maybe. But we still don't know how they would have gotten a video of us." Genevieve replied. "Was there a camera in the room that might have gotten hacked into or something?" Greg asked.

Taylor tried to think for a moment, "No I didn't have anything around but-" her face softened and her eyes widened. "What?" Genevieve asked. "Rachel." Taylor replied. "What about her?" Genevieve asked. "She was acting weird the night you and I hooked up..." Taylor shook her head in disbelief, "The fucking stuffed animal." She mumbled in realization.

"What?" Evan asked. "She gave me this fucking stuffed animal the same night which I thought was weird enough but I thought it was just some cheesy present. I think she put a fucking camera in it." Taylor explained. "Do you think they were all in on this?" Genevieve asked. "I don't know but Rachel kept saying she was really looking forward to homecoming and I didn't think much of it, but this could've been why." Taylor replied.

"Bryan was really insistent on us going to. He kept trying to get you to convince everyone to go." Evan said. Genevieve shook her head in disbelief, "And Amanda did the same fucking thing." Genevieve added. "So they set us up?" Taylor asked. "We don't know for sure until we get proof but it looks like they wanted to turn this into a shit show." Evan replied.

"So they made the sender look like Taylor, hoping we would all start feuding again. We didn't, but it was scandalous enough that it got our funding taken away and given to..." Greg said as they all came to the same conclusion. "The fucking jocks." They said in unison. "They had to of set this up." Greg said. "But why would Amanda do this to us? She was one of us." Genevieve asked.

"Who knows. But unless we can get proof we really can't do much." Evan sighed. "If I find that stuffed animal and there's a camera inside I can turn into the police?" Taylor suggested. "Maybe but we still need confirmation or proof that links back to them somehow. We can't just give the cops the camera with no lead." Evan said.