21

Genevieve was woken up by her phone ringing and tiredly answered. "Hello?" She asked. "Get ready we're going out." Josiah said. "What?" Genevieve asked. "I'm outside waiting for you." He repeated. Genevieve turned to look at her clock and sighed, "It's 6 in the morning are you crazy?" She asked. "A little bit. But I have a surprise." He replied.

"Is this some stunt plan?" Genevieve sighed. "No. This is me wanting to do something nice. I have a picnic planned." Josiah said. "A picnic?" Genevieve asked. "You know? When you take premade and eat with company somewhere nice?" He replied. "Are you mansplaining a picnic to me?" Genevieve half-jokingly asked. "I-...I wasn't trying to I'm sorry." He quickly apologized. Genevieve softly laughed, "I'll meet you down in a few." She said as she hung up and got of bed.

They were under the shade of her tree in the backyard. Josiah laid out the blanket and set out the food. Genevieve sat down and watched as he laid out the food. "So what's all of this for?" She asked as she took a grape from the bunch and ate it.

"Well I wanted to do something together without cameras being alerted to our location. I still want to properly hang out." He said opening the wine and pouring a glass. He gave her the glass and poured himself one. "That's cute." Genevieve laughed. He sat down and settled in. "So what was the little tense exchange between you and Taylor last week?" He asked as he took a sip of his wine and snacked on some of the fruit he laid out.

"What tense exchange?" Genevieve asked. "She looked annoyed when she was talking to you." He said. "Oh. She was just saying she didn't want whatever you and I have going on interfering with filming." Genevieve explained. He nodded and looked off. "So is it true what they say? About you two hating each other?" He asked sipping his wine.

Genevieve uncomfortably shifted around. "I wouldn't say we hate each other." She replied. "Then what would you call it?" He asked. "Acquaintances." Genevieve replied. "Why not friends?" He asked. Genevieve lightly shook her head and snacked on fruit. "I don't think we're really there yet." She replied. "Is there something that keeps you from getting there?" He asked. Genevieve stayed silent. "Genevieve?" He asked.

"I don't know. I don't like having too many friends." She shrugged. "What kind of excuse is that?" He laughed. "I just don't think we would get on that well as friends." She replied. "I guess." He shrugged. "Catch." Genevieve said switching the conversation. He looked at her confused and was hit on the nose with a grape. "Hey." He slightly glared. Genevieve laughed, "I said catch."

"You didn't say with what." He replied. "Okay okay. Try and catch the grapes." She said positioning herself with the bunch of grapes in hand. "Are we really doing this?" He asked. "Will you just get into position." She said slightly annoyed. He playfully rolled his eyes and got into position. She tossed a grape and made it in. He chewed the grape as they cheered. "Okay okay again!" She said closing one eye so she could have a more precise aim.

She tossed it and accidentally hit his nose. He laughed and held out his hand. "Okay my turn, it's not fair you get to abuse me with grapes." He said. "But I wanted to make another in." She frowned. "Give it." He said waiting for her to give him the grapes. She playfully rolled her eyes and gave him the grapes.

"Okay now watch and learn." He said picking a grape off the bunch and aiming it. He missed and bounced it off her forehead. They both burst into laughter. "Watch and learn right?" She teased as they both laughed. They stared at one another as their laughter died down. Josiah slowly leaned in hesitating at first, afraid she would reject him again. Genevieve leaned in and softly kissed his lips.

He was taken by surprise. He had been waiting forever for a chance like this. His hands were making their way toward her waist ready to go for more. He quickly pulled his hands back and broke away from their kiss. Genevieve looked confused as he grabbed his keys and quickly stood up. "What's wrong?" Genevieve asked. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Josiah apologized and walked off. "Josiah!" Genevieve shouted and watched as he walked away.

--

Josiah didn't return Genevieve's calls or messages after their picnic. She was worried and didn't understand what went wrong. She got to her trailer and Penelope noticed the worried look on her face. "Is something wrong?" She asked. Genevieve didn't know what to say. If she explained what happened then she would be telling Penelope about their PR relationship. No one knew and no one except them and their teams were supposed to know.

She felt conflicted and her mind kept raving with questions. "Have you seen Josiah?" Genevieve asked. "I believe he's in his trailer why?" Penelope asked. "I just need to talk to him about something private." Genevieve said. "What is it?" Penelope asked. "Penelope. That's the point of calling it private. I can't say." Genevieve said. "Fine." She said putting her hands up in defense. "Go check his trailer. But make sure you're back in time so I can get you ready."

Genevieve left and made her way down the lot to his trailer. She knocked on the door waiting for an answer. His stylist opened it and smiled. "Hey Genevieve." She smiled. "Is Josiah here?" She asked. "Josiah, it's Genevieve!" She called out into the trailer. "Come in." She said waving her in. Genevieve entered and saw him sitting on the couch. "Kelly can you give us some space please?" He stood up from the couch. Kelly nodded and left the trailer.

"What the hell happened to you? Why did you just leave like that the other day and why haven't you returned my calls?" She asked. He sighed and looked away. "I...I felt horrible." He said. "Why?" She asked. "Because I don't want to confuse you or put you in an uncomfortable situation. We agreed this was business and I felt like I crossed a boundary I shouldn't have." He explained.

"Josiah, we just kissed." Genevieve said. "I know but I couldn't help but feel guilty about it." He said. "Why would you feel guilty?" She questioned. "Because I go back to that night in New York. We had been getting along so well that summer and I...I had feelings and you just didn't feel the same. I was afraid I ruined things. I had been wanting to kiss you for so long and it felt wrong because I felt like I was taking advantage of the situation kissing you now." He explained.

Genevieve silently listened to him ramble on. "I just don't want to lose my friend again if I ruined things this time. Genevieve I-" she cut him off with a kiss and took him by surprise. She slowly pulled away and softly smiled. "Will you just shut up and kiss me?" She whispered and pulled him back in to her lips.