27

Genevieve took another look around the room and shook her head in disbelief. "But why?" She asked. Taylor looked around and faintly smiled, "James wanted to give Elizabeth everything. So he built the house she wanted. It's not a home in the suburbs like her mother may have wanted for her. But it is what Elizabeth wanted." She replied.

Genevieve walked around the room and paid attention to every detail and decoration. "Personally, I don't think this is the best part of the house." Taylor said as she approached the back door. Genevieve curiously watched as she opened the doors and waved for Genevieve to follow her.

Genevieve stepped out onto the patio and looked out at the beach. The waves were calm. "I can't believe you actually built this." Genevieve slightly laughed. "Not me." Taylor shook her head, "That was all James." She replied. Genevieve stared at the ocean for a moment and looked at Taylor. "Why did you bring me out here?" She asked.

"I figured Genevieve could use the break. I know she always happier when she could escape reality and be Elizabeth for a while." Taylor said, "I know it probably wasn't easy making the trip out here and you have your reasons. So I at least wanted to bring you somewhere you can be at peace for a while." She explained.

Genevieve wiped the small tear that emerged in the corner of her eye. "But if you don't want to talk about anything or if you want to go home, I understand." Taylor said. "It's been hard." Genevieve sighed and stared out at the ocean. She knew if she looked Taylor in the eyes she would start sobbing. "What has?" Taylor asked.

"I love my dad. I do. I would've visited him more often, but I just couldn't bring myself to come back. It's like every time I step back into that house I still hear my mother." Genevieve replied. "I thought she left and never stayed in contact?" Taylor asked. "She did. But the words she said to me never did." Genevieve said.

Taylor looked confused and listened. "She was pissed at me the day she found us in bed. She talked awfully about you and she blamed me for the entire situation that happened with the video leak and called me a horrible daughter. She basically said I deserved it." Genevieve bit the inside of her cheek and choked back her tears. "You never told me this?" Taylor questioned.

"Because I didn't want you to know." Genevieve replied. "But why?" Taylor asked. "I didn't want you to worry and I didn't want you to hurt your feelings over the shit she said about you." Genevieve replied. "What did she say?" Taylor asked. Genevieve was hesitant, "She just didn't like you." She said. "But why? I was innocent and I had nothing to do with that video." Taylor argued.

"It wasn't about the video." Genevieve replied. "Then was it because of all those stupid pranks and things we did? We were kids we grew past that. You know I changed." Taylor said in frustration. "You weren't a man." Genevieve replied. "What?" Taylor questioned. "You weren't a man. Had we just been friends maybe she would have liked you or tolerated you. But you weren't. In her eyes you corrupted me, you weren't good for me...you ruined me. Had I slept with Bryan she probably wouldn't even hate me half as much as she does now." Genevieve said.

Taylor looked off for a moment and looked back to Genevieve confused, "Wait, she was upset...because you weren't straight?" She asked. Genevieve slightly nodded. Taylor looked off and silently stared at the ocean. "Do you know why I chose James?" Taylor asked as she stared out at the ocean. "I don't think you ever told me." Genevieve replied.

"Because I figured that maybe if I was a man I would actually be enough." Taylor replied. "Maybe your mother would actually like me and think I was worthy enough of having you. Maybe you could be with me without negative repercussions. Maybe we would've been happy." Taylor said. Genevieve silently listened. "So I made James. James got to marry Elizabeth. James got them the house they dreamed about. I couldn't have you...but at least James got a part of you."

"Being a man doesn't make you enough." Genevieve said. Taylor turned her head to look at her and listened. "As far as I'm concerned James is only an extended part of you. You. The woman who created him. That woman is enough." Genevieve explained. Taylor looked off and thought about it for a moment. Genevieve felt the cool breeze hit her skin and shivered.

"Why don't we go inside and talk. I could go for a cup of wine right now." Genevieve said. Taylor softly smiled, "Lucky for you I always have some." Taylor said as she led her back inside.

--

The two were both a slightly intoxicated mess. They stumbled upstairs together laughing. "You have to admit it was a good prank." Genevieve laughed. "I still think ours was better." Taylor replied as the wandered down the hall and looked around confused. Genevieve tripped on the rug but Taylor caught her in time. "This is why I hate rugs." Genevieve said relieved she didn't fall. "It'a a nice rug." Taylor laughed.

They wandered down the hall and toward one of the rooms. Genevieve leaned back against the door. "We were having so much fun I don't want the night to end." She softly laughed. Taylor smiled and admired her face for a moment. "It doesn't have to." Taylor replied. "What did you have in mind?" Genevieve asked.

Taylor stepped close and placed her hands on Genevieve's waist. Genevieve froze for a moment and stared up into Taylor's eyes. "W-what are you doing..." She softly whispered. Taylor leaned down and softly pressed her lips to Genevieve's neck. Genevieve slightly gasped.
Part of her wanted to push her away, but another part of her didn't want her to stop.

Taylor kissed up along her neck and up to her ear. "I just want a taste." She whispered. Genevieve felt the bumps rise up on her skin and a chill run down her back. "Taylor we can't do that." She whispered. Taylor softly kissed along her jawline and hovered inches from her lips.

Taylor's eyes moved from Genevieve's lips and up to her eyes. "When you're out here...you're my wife." Her voice was slightly deeper than before. Genevieve's cheeks flushed a bright red. "So let me love my wife, even if it's for one night." Taylor whispered and pressed her lips to Genevieve's. Genevieve was hesitant at first but soon after returned her kiss. Taylor pulled her body close and led Genevieve back into the room, shutting the door behind them.