Chapter 45: Spread Thin

Dave POV:

Dave POV:

I was on my way to this breakfast spot to meet Karin. I can't lie and say I wasn't nervous. I don't know how this gone go but I just know I wanted her back. I know I don't even deserve another chance but all I want is her, I don't see myself with anyone else. I admire the way she care for not only our daughter but DJ too, she really put her pride aside when she didn't have to and became cordial with Jade so that the kids could grow up together. I was gone make sure my kids was close regardless but she really took that initiative, it shows how much of a grown woman she is. She's a real woman, not that I didn't ever recognize that but even more now I know that no other female out here can compare to her.

I pulled into the lot of the brunch bistro parking my car, I sent her a text letting her know I was here.

I went inside grabbing our table as my mind went back to the first time we met

I went inside grabbing our table as my mind went back to the first time we met. From the minute she walked over to our section my eyes was glued to her. She was so drunk I had to drive her car and she was acting like she wasn't gone give me no play. I'm glad she gave in and gave me a chance, she changed my life for the better. It's crazy to say that it took me to fuck up to realize what I had.

"Hey, sorry I'm late" she said snapping me out of my thoughts

"Nah you cool"

The waitress came over and took our orders. I decided not to beat around the bush and jump right into why we're here in the first place.

"So I know shit between us all these years been bumpy. I know I hurt you and I really wish I could take it back, even though it should've never just happened at all. I know I don't even deserve a chance but when I really sit back and think about it, I want my family. You are my family K, you and Kennie."

"Dave I-" she interrupted

"Listen , just hear me out. I really don't see myself with anyone else, I want you to be my wife. I miss waking up to you every day, I miss the way you held it down for me. You was there for me in my most vulnerable moments, the connection I have with you I can't find no where else. I'm not asking you to answer now, but please just think about giving us one last chance. I love you so much, don't give up on me please." I said now holding her hands in mine

Our waitress came over with our food as I finished what I was saying. Karin was now picking at her food instead of eating and I could only help but wonder what was running through her head. I decided to let her go and have that space to register everything I said to her.

"You wanna get this to go and go home? I'll pick Kennie up from school."

"Yeah but, I have to tell you something first."

"Nah it's ok, take your time I told you it's no rush to answer me now. Ok?"

She shook her head yes.

After packing up our food, I paid the bill and we walked out into the lot to our cars.

"So I'll drop Kennie off at school tomorrow and you can pick her up" I said opening my door

"Okay" she said getting in her car

She pulled off first and I speed up beside her rolling my window down

She rolled hers down and looked at me

"I love you Karin"

She smiled but I could see pain behind her eyes

"I'll always love you Dave" she said before rolling her window back up.

That was a start, now all I could do is pray she'd give me a chance.

__________________________________

I know I been gone long but the next chapter gone blow y'all mind 🤯