Chapter 50: In A Perfect World..

Karin POV:

Karin POV:

The week flew by so fast, we just landed in Miami. I decided we should stay at our Miami house instead of renting one from Airbnb. I couldn't help but to keep thinking about Dave, I already knew he sent us away to keep us out the way. I also thought about Tyler, despite what he did to me it's not fair his child will grow up without a dad. Life has its consequences but, I don't like to play god and at the same time I can't stop Dave from doing what he wants to do.

Dave and Rari had everything set up for us. The driver walked over taking our bags while Kenn and I loaded into the car with the kids.

"The drive will be about an hour Mrs.East" I mentally rolled my eyes because I knew he was calling me that because Dave told him

"Ok" me and Kenn both said then laughed. For a second I forgot she was married to his brother

Once we arrived at the house, we settled the kids in and changed them into their swimsuits. It was a little hot but not humid so, we decided to let them get in the pool.

"Damn I can't believe I really have two damn kids" Kenn said laughing

"I'm glad you do because plus DJ, Kennie is never bored." I said then fell into deep thought

"What you thinking about sis?" Kenn asked

"You know the last time Tyler beat me, I was pregnant. I was in the house because I ended up going to the emergency room and they told me I miscarried. I cried mainly because I was sad and I truly was ready for another baby, but also happy because I wouldn't be stuck with him for years. Especially, since he started a whole family behind my back." I said getting teary eyed

She grabbed my hand rubbing it "I'm sorry you had to go through that sis but, sometimes things happen for a reason. I'm not talking about him hitting you, because it was no reason for that. God just knew this person wasn't for you and bringing a child into the situation wouldn't have been good."

"Yeah, I thought about that too" I smiled watching the kids splash each other

"Your time will come again, with the right person" she smiled

"How's things been with Dave?" She asked

"Actually, really good. Despite everything, I know Dave will always be there. I feel a sense of security with him, but I'm emotional right now and I can't go down that road with him. I am thankful for him just being here for me though." I said

"That's good that y'all have that relationship and bond. Let's get these kids cleaned up, you want to order food?"

"Yes, some soul food please. Kennie come on mama" I yelled

I took her inside, running some bath water and I heard my phone ringing. I thought it was Dave but it was Jade FaceTiming me.

I answered

"Hey girl, where you been?" I asked her soon as it connected

"I got a little surprise" she put the camera on her belly

"Aww congrats! No wonder you been MIA. You told DJ?" I asked

"Yes, only because I can't hide it anymore. I'm still keeping it a little secret though. Are you guys ok?" She asked

"Yes, we're on a little mini vacation. We'll be back soon."

"Ok because DJ misses his sister."

"He can come over soon as we get back."

"Ok, cool. Enjoy your time and hit me up when y'all get back."

"Ok we will. I talk to you later" I said hanging up

After washing Kennie up and getting her dressed, we ordered food & watched movies until the kids fell asleep. Me and Kenn stayed up drinking wine and talking, mainly because we were too worried about Dave and Rari.

_________________________________

Dave POV:

2 Days Later

30 minutes into our flight, my cousin Gee made the call for us. I promised I wouldn't get my hands dirty & I stuck to that, if anything comes up it will never link back to me.

Me and Rari was currently on our way to Miami, the girls didn't know we was coming. I couldn't wait to land and just lay down, making sure everything went right and was in place had me stressing. I hate that I got to take a man from his family but, I can't let any one disrespect or hurt my kids moms. I know this won't heal her but he's definitely some one she'll never have to worry about again.

Once we landed our driver took us in the direction of where the girls was staying. I couldn't wait to see my daughter and hug her, Karin too. We got to the house, I put the code in the door to let us in. We took our bags inside, I told Rari that Kenn was probably in the guest room down the hall, I went upstairs knowing Karin and Kennie was in her room or what used to be ours. I walked in our room seeing them spread out across the bed, I smiled. I wish I could come home to this sight every night again.

I grabbed some clothes out of my suitcase, getting in the shower. Once I changed into my pajamas I climbed in the bed putting Kennie in between Karin and I, I guess Karin felt me moving around too much and she popped her eyes open.

She gasped loudly

I shushed her

"Dave you scared me. I'm glad you're ok" she whispered

"I told you I would make it back to y'all."

She rubbed my beard and started falling back to sleep. This the first time she's been touchy with me since coming back around me, I figured it was just a comfort thing though I'm not gone think too much into it.

"I love you" I whispered

I got no response I figured she was sleep. I wrapped my arms around both her and Kennie drifting off to sleep.

Little did I know, she was wide awake and thinking the same thing.
_____________________________