Chapter 9

Xyianne

I groaned in the air because I still can't find my sleep. My mind is somewhere else. The light outside the window is yet to come.

I did every comfortable position in this bed just so I can feel the sleepiness I desperately needed but to my dismay it doesn't help at all.

I tried to stand up from the bed and roamed around the corners of this room.

The dim light from the bedside table lamps was only the thing that helps me see the entire room.

The decorations in this room are too girly. It has a pink and gray colored wall. The paintings were delicately hung on the wall near the single bookshelf.

I've seen a baby picture of a girl holding a cute little teddy bear with a red ribbon on her hair together with a pregnant woman's hands on her shoulders. Only the hands and baby bump were visible in the picture. Maybe these are Ma'am Adler and her mom.

I'm not sure yet but the little girl's eyes reminded me of her.

There's also this one picture frame above the floating shelf with the other figurines on both sides.

A picture of the same little girl with a baby on a crib. I think her mom already gave birth based on the previous photo I've seen awhile ago.

The little girl's genuine smile was very evident. She cheekily smiled at the baby though the face of the infant wasn't shown in the picture because of the toys hanging on the crib's arch that's covering the baby's face.

I smiled automatically when I saw that little girl's smile. It's contagious like how Ma'am Adler's smile is. She's so adorable in that picture. I wonder who she is. Is it really her? Or it's her sibling and she's the baby on the crib? Or whatever in between. Why do I care though.

I also noticed that there's a lot of paintings hanging on the wall. Various sizes to be exact but it also complimented the empty wall itself. It's not that overpowering. It looks aesthetically pleasing.

I walked near the paintings and looked thoroughly, I felt the surface of each with my finger tips as I noticed the same signature on the lower part of every painting. It has the initials of LUAL.

I frowned after seeing it but I just shrugged my thoughts away. Not a nosy person.

This room is not just a guest room I guess, It has so many things inside for it to be one. I think this is my professor's personal space.

I suddenly yawn out of nowhere. I think it's time to go back to bed. Though the sun is just about to rise up through the window. I already feel a little sleepy right now. So I decided to walk my feet towards the bed, lying myself then close my eyes and feel the tiredness of my body that's already sinking deep in this soft mattress against my body.

Isang tupa, dalawang tupa, tatlong tupa, apat, lima, anim na tupa.....

Pitongput pitong puta— Ayaw talaga! Naiiyak na ako. This insomnia is gonna be the death of me!

I brush my face with my hands because of frustration. I let out a heavy sigh and just decided to go out of the room. Uuwi na lang ako, tutal may konting liwanag na sa langit.

Time checked, 5:12 AM.

Sa bahay na lang ako babawi ng tulog. Para kapag pumasok ako mamaya ay hindi ako ganoon kasabog tignan.