Chapter 32

(This chapter contains a lot of throwbacks in italic font)

(TW ⚠️: Rape, Death)

Lovely Uzziah

"Where did you go this time?" Natalie asked me as soon as I settled on my seat here at her condo. I left at the event's hall as soon as her performance ended.

"The usual, haven't you always known? It's their company's 12th year anniversary right now and Tito Louis didn't invite me again." I groan.

"What's new though? Until now hindi mo pa rin yan tigilan." She rolled her eyes at me.

"How can I? Nasanay na ako. Besides, I love seeing her." I shrugged my shoulders before slouching at her couch. Popping chips on my mouth while we watched a movie in her living room.

She just stared at me blankly. "You're so madly in love with that kid? That's ridiculous! I hate that idea."

"Watch your words, Nate. Soon you'll eat what you said." I said, my eyes were fixed at the TV in front of us while munching.

"In your dreams, Ziah. Never. No one dared to pass my barrier and no one would break that. I'm going to accept that I'll be single forever. Love is scary." She crosses her arms, voice determined, like it's her final death wish--not to be in love.

"Good for you, just cringe at my love story." I chuckled at her grimace.

***

"Where are you up to? You look presentable." I said to my brother as soon as I got downstairs. He's getting ready for something. It's still early for him to dress like going to an important event.

He just looked at me uninterested as he always does while fixing the buttons of his long sleeve polo. I just watch him struggle until he does his necktie.

"I can help you with that." I smiled at him sweetly, offering to be his good sister as I always do although he always retracted.

He stopped fixing it midway and with his expression, I can see that his allowing me to help him.

My heart is happy when he let me. I know he's a sweet boy. He just couldn't let it show because Tito Louis always dictates what he should be, how he should react and how he should treats people.

Fuck should, right?