Chapter 41

(Throwbacks in italic fonts)

Xyianne

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" She shoved me inside the cubicle of the school's comfort room. Anger is visible in her eyes, her arm suffocating me in my neck that causes my breathing to hitch but still I was able to speak stammering.

"W-what d-did you mean?" I struggle between the words, not doing anything to remove her arm against my neck.

She scoffed. "You're always clueless! How dare you?" Lalo pang dumiin ang pagkakaipit niya sa leeg ko.

We fought the staring contest. I can feel her heavy breathing out of her nose, lips pressed into a thin line, her eyes are still in range.

"I didn't mean that to happen." Sukong saad ko, halos bulong na lang ang boses na lumabas sa bibig ko sa sobrang higpit nang pagkakatukod ng braso niya sa akin.

She scoffs again, "You didn't? Yet you're fully aware that leaving her will surely break her. You knew it very well, Xyianne! She's already damaged by someone she loves leaving her but look at what you've done!" Lumuwag ang pagkakatukod ng braso niya sa akin at tuluyan na akong binitawan pero nanatili ang galit sa mga mata nito.

I went speechless. I am aware of that and it took me so much courage to utter such words that I know could hurt her feelings. I never intended to say those words but I said it anyway. I swear I didn't mean to hurt her like that but I guess this is the only thing I know that could resolve our situation.

"Come on, tell something! I really want to punch your face right now." Nervana's hands form into a fists. She slightly punches the cubicle's door behind her to remind me that she's so damn serious about punching me.

I jumped a little. "It's not what you think, okay? But that's the only thing I can do for now. My dad is still in the hospital having his recovery and I need to take care of him, I am also responsible for taking over our company and I still need to study and it sucks that I can't juggle everything all at once. I can't give her my time and attention as much as I want to. I can't deal with her right now. I just can't and I'm sorry." Paliwanag ko, seryoso akong nakatingin sa mata nito at ramdam kong onti-onti niyang naiintindihan ang sitwasyong kinalalagyan ko.

"But you can't just dump her like that, you should've talked to her properly. She'll understand you like she always does to everyone."

"I know...but I don't want to make things harder for us. I can't bear to see her hurting while watching me turn my back at her again. This time I'm the one who watches her turn away and I'm glad she made it." I sincerely said as I ran my fingers through my hair and wiped the single tear that falls down my cheek because I can't bear to hold it anymore. I am also hurting and I don't want this either.

She sighed in frustration as she leaned behind the door and crossed her arms below her chest watching me with those concerned eyes.

I know how much she loves her cousin, how much she cares about her like she's her true sister and I know how much she's hurting just as her for what I did.

"I'm really sorry, please take care of her." Pahabol ko pa at yumuko habang pinaglalaruan ang singsing na suot ko sa kaliwang kamay ko. Napabuntong hininga na lang ako sa biglang katahimikan niya. "I should leave-"

"You're really married? With whom? Don't tell me it's that loser?" Tiim bagang niyang tanong.

Namula ako sa tanong niya. I suddenly remembered what happened before everything sucked.

After telling my dad about my impulsive decision. Of course, my Dad reacted exasperatedly mad. He was against like he always does but I still managed to persuade and convince him.