Chapter 46

Lovely Uzziah

I grabbed her hand when she didn't move after I talked to Romina, the concierge who's obviously flirting with her and she's not even complaining about it.

Nakakainis. Una, she's having a happy conversation with the girl who's with her throughout the ride from here. They are laughing with each other like they have their own world! And now, this, that receptionist. Kung hindi lang dahil sa tagal niya sa serbisyo dito sa hotel ng mga Adler's ay pinatanggal ko na siya.

Nakakakulo ng dugo. I'm jealous, I admit.

"Can you stop?!" She complained while I still held her hand firmly towards the elevator. Now, she's talking to me! She's been ignoring me since they arrived here. Her best friend was behind us but I don't care, I need to talk to her to explain my side but I can't keep up the conversation because she acts like I don't exist at all, though, I understand where she is coming from but I'm not a fan of her being snobbish.

We got inside the elevator as I still grip her hand but then I suddenly felt a hard pang in my chest when I couldn't feel a ring on her finger. I looked at her who was already looking at me, deadpan and with only one expression on her face—infuriated.

I swiftly let go of her hand as I followed it slipping away in my grip. She's not wearing her ring!

I want to cry!

She quickly hides her hands in her denim jacket's pockets and looks away. I saw her best friend looking at me apologetically and with concern. She shook her head, understanding what was happening between us.

My heart shattering and my eyes sting with the upcoming tears as I switched my gaze in front. I practice my breathing slowly and silently to compose myself.

Be strong, Lovely. You're expecting this to happen. Don't be a wimp.

The ride to our designated floor was frantically quiet. No one ever dared to talk, not even her talkative best friend who was standing beside us with her back and forth stares at the both of us.

As the elevator doors slowly open, she walks out quickly even though she doesn't have the keys with her. She just simply doesn't want to be near me and what more should I feel? I don't even know what to feel with this kind of treatment.

She walks further at the hallway while looking left and right to check the room numbers, my brows automatically furrowed when she walks past through our designated room, which is room 307.
She's like looking at the other room than ours. When I reached our room, I stopped on my tracks as I watched her continuously walking.

"Ma'am, ako na po muna kakausap." Bridgette touched me on my shoulder while saying that and gave a small concerning smile. I sighed and nod in defeat.

I unlocked the door of our supposedly room but I didn't intend to go inside, not without her so I waited for them to talk.

"Where's your room? Doon na lang ako." I heard them murmuring to each other.

"I have a roommate already! Pumunta ka na doon. Huwag ka na mag inarte."

"No, I don't want to be with her." Ouch.

"Come on, Beshy! I thought?!" Bridgette glanced at me after saying that without continuing. It's like she already knows what she's pertaining to.