Special Chapter 1

"Behind the scenes"
(Throwback in italic font)

Lovely Uzziah

The sun's up today, and the blue sky above greeted us with a cold breeze.

I watched the two girls in front of me as I sip my hot tea here on the patio, sitting unbothered. Our daughter was happily planting flower seeds and other sorts of plants in our garden while my wife was busy building the tree house on her own. 

I don't know what's with them, but I already advised them that they should ask for some help from the experts, but they insisted on doing it alone. 

Hindi na lang ako tumutol dahil mas gusto daw nilang sila ang gagawa para sa bahay. I let them; they also didn't want me to move and help them. They have treated me like a queen ever since we became a family. 

I am beyond proud of them for being mature and so caring about me. It's weekend now, kaya malakas ang loob nilang gumawa ng kung ano para sa bahay. 

Letyzia keeps on looking at me while plastering her wide smile while also doing her job with her little hands. This kid makes me laugh a lot with her cute actions. She's just like that; even the first time I see her at CCF, she loves to take a glance at me and smile, and I find it so funny of her. I can also see that she's happy about what's happening right now. It's so obvious from the dirt around her face and her clothes. 

"Mommy Love, look! The sunflower I planted last week has already grown a cute stem!" She squeaked with joy while pointing her cute little finger on the ground as she called me. Nakaluhod pa ito sa lupa at pinantayan ng tingin ang maliit na stem na tumubo doon, kaya halos magdikit na ang mukha nito sa lupa para busisiin mabuti ang halamang tumubo.

Napailing na lang ako dahil sa sobrang tuwa niya sa tinanim niya noong nakaraan. 

"You did a great job, baby! Keep up the good work! After that, we'll eat ice cream!" 

"No ice cream, Love," my wife said in nonchalance. 

Parehas kaming nalungkot nung bata dahil sa sinabi niya. She's busy nailing the wood for the ladder up the tree. Hindi man siya nakatingin sa gawi namin ay alam naming seryoso ito sa sinabi niya. 

She's wearing a white muscle tee sando and a denim jumper while wearing a black baseball cap, just like what Letyzia's wearing right now. They are always matching with clothes, and they wear their cap backwards. 

Napabuntong hininga na lang ako, at napiling humigop muli ng tea at nagsimula nang tumayo sa kinauupuan ko. 

"Mommy, gusto ni Mommy Love ng ice cream, can we give her a chance this time? Please?" I heard my daughter say to her in a pleading tone. 

"No. If I said no, it's a no, okay?" 

Napagdesisyunan ko na lang pumasok sa loob at hinayaan na sila sa mga ginagawa nila. I'll just prepare our lunch so we can eat together later.

I put the mug in the sink and washed it thoroughly. After that, I get the ingredients in the fridge to start preparing. 

Once I settled all the ingredients in front of me and looked at each, I started crying out of nowhere...