Chapter 17

Xyianne

Is it really because of me?

I just stared at her for a long moment with my eyes boring into her face features. She's not looking back at me but she just let me watch her for the longest time in my entire encounter with her.

"I'm sorry," I sincerely say. Those words I utter are genuinely from the bottom of my heart because I know I made her sad.

I feel it I just can't explain it. But I know that I owed something to her.

After hearing those words coming out my mouth. She suddenly breaks down. I couldn't decipher what triggers her to cry like that. It's my first time seeing her in this situation. She's so broken and vulnerable.

Her smiley facade hides the harsh truths of her brokenness, and it breaks me more as I witness it in front of me.

How long has she been hiding and controlling her feelings? Para kasing napakatagal na the way she breaks down.

Without a second thought and the willingness to break my distance rule between us. I move myself in front of her, kneeling my one knee to match our level. Her palms covering her angelic sad face. I removed it gently which she let me. She looked at me with those sad eyes, deep and full of brokenness. Tears are streaming down on her cheeks.

I watch it fall down rapidly as her face continues to wrinkle and her sobs are weakly mumbling on her mouth.

With all the courage I have in me and the comfort that I just discovered from her.

I lend my arms wide and welcoming, with a small smile on my face but eyes that are speaking the sincerity I have deep in my heart. I let the distance and space erase in my life's dictionary tonight. A welcoming tight embrace is the only thing I can offer to her. Hoping that the comfort I felt and identify in her tight hug before would be enough reason for her to feel the ease and peace within her by me.

She hug me back, although she's weak and still weeping. I finally feel the relaxation of her shoulders that once was shaken up and carrying something she wants to load off of her back for a long time.

It's true, once again. That giving a hug to someone can increase self-compassion, relieves stress, and improves your mood and boost your heart. My heart is somewhat happy right now. I still have a purpose, I guess. Not just a pain in the ass individual.

"Thank you," she whispers after a long while and sniffles like a baby. I smile because of it.

I'm about to remove myself from the hug but she doesn't let me move.
"I like..hugging you. You're a huggable person." She softly says.

"May bayad na po, Ma'am. Extend pa po kayo?" Panggagancho ko sa kanya. Nangangawit na kasi ang binti ko sa pagkakaluhod ng isa kong tuhod.

She surrendered and removed her arms from wrapping me then I look at her.

She's like a tomato that is freshly harvest from the farm because of the redness on her cheeks, nose and eyes. Her pouty lips occur. She's so cute I wanna put her in my pocket or make her my keychain.

"Stop staring at me," She covered herself immediately with both of her palms.

I let out a silent chuckle and shake my head. Now, she's embarrassed huh? After crying and wetting my shoulder. Nahiya pa siya.

"Do you have tissue?" She asked in her sweet tone. I'll never ever getting over how she talks to me like that. It's making my heart and my mind in a fuzz with my insanity in 180 Degrees Celsius. I melt.