Baby

An - ahhhh I'm literally going feral, tomorrow is September 1st! It's damn near fall (it doesn't start till the 21 but ahhhhh) crunchy leaves! Long sleeve shirts! Our Rory Gilmore fits! Hot tea! Pumpkins!

Cyrus pov
I was in the book nook of Tj and I's house. I was hanging leaves and sitting out fake pumpkins. I had freshly washed and dried Halloween themed blankets on the cushions. I danced around the house with orange place mats in my hand. It was only august 31, Tj had a rule that I wasn't allowed to decorate until September 1. One years we had so many decorations and lights the bill was super high and the kids in the neighborhood thought our house was a store.

I leaned over our baby's crib. His mother only had him a few days ago, she had a sickness so she only had a few days left, Tj and I offered to take him in. She died after giving birth, so he doesn't have a name yet. 'Do you think we're too young for a baby?' I ask Tj as I hear his footsteps enter the room. We were only 20, we were engaged but the wedding didn't happen yet. 'No' he simply replies. He rubs my back.

'We still don't have a name' he reminds me. 'Rowan Jagger Kippen, I want him to have your middle name' he's looks at me and his eyes light up. 'Cyrus you know I tripped over a pumpkin on my way in here right?' I giggle forgetting I dropped pumpkins everywhere. 'Sorry, I'm just extra excited, September is tomorrow!' Rowan had started to stir. It was a sweet moment, Rowan had a smile that looked just like his mother. 'Is he gonna be bald forever' Tj asks. 'Tj! Are you going to be bald forever?' I jokily ask.

'You never got to hold him' I realize.

'What'

'You never got to hold Rowan' he was beginning to wake up so I slide down the crib. I pick him up and his little fist rub his eyes. I hand him to Tj, he lays on his shoulder. 'Aw Teej' he gets embarrassed. 'I love you Cyrus'

'I love you Tj'