𝕮⃟Hapter 3

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 3

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

At this moment, Nan HuaiLin’s heart didn’t have any ripples, and he even wanted to laugh a little.

First, he was dumped and received a million-dollar breakup fee, then he was asked out by a popular male star from the same company, and now a rich young man was looking for him to become his sugar baby? Suddenly, he’d gone from a stinky piece of shit to a hot commodity. Wasn’t that funny? Wait, was he still dreaming? How else could it be so demonic?

“GB Group is one of the largest clothing companies in China. Its strength cannot be underestimated, and Gao Tan is the sole heir of GB Group. If he can promote you, it is not impossible to become famous overnight.” When he saw him sitting silently, He DingHong paused and continued. “I can probably guess what you’re thinking. You don’t want to get dirty, right? But if you look at the whole entertainment industry, no matter if its male or female, which big and famous stars don’t have dirty bodies? But so what? They still have endless drama and endless endorsements to make endless money, right?”

“You want to be popular, you have to pay the price. You want to be pure and clean, then you can stay up and wait for an opportunity that may never come. Okay. If you’re lucky, you’ll wait, then get popular and people will praise you for being a late bloomer. But what if you can’t wait for it? Keep acting as a male actor? You are young, and someone really wants you. But when you get older? No one will want you. This circle is very realistic. If you are popular, you can say that the black is white. If you are not popular, to put it bluntly, no one cares if you die.”

Nan HuaiLin listened silently, without saying a word.

His thoughts had wandered away, drifted to that morning, and the five minutes when he was discarded by Shi Yan.

Shi Yan had said to him especially calmly, ‘I’m getting married to the heir of SiRui Media. There was no way I could refuse it. You know what I can get from this marriage. You can despise me, spit on me, or hate me, but I still want to tell you, no matter who I am with, the only person I love will always be you.’

All of it, in the end, was nothing but a trade.

Some people used their flesh, some used their soul, some used love, some used marriage, all in exchange for what they wanted most.

“…No need to rush to give me an answer. Think about it for a few days first, and come back to me when you have figured it out.” He DingHong paused and added. “I won’t give you a role for a while.”

How could Nan HuaiLin not hear He DingHong’s meaning behind the words?

If he didn’t agree to be a sugar baby, then he would never be able to receive any roles.

He DingHong waved his hand. “You go ahead and get busy.”

Nan HuaiLin stood up, nodded at He DingHong, and turned around to leave.

When the office door was about to close, Nan HuaiLin heard a deliberately low voice. “He doesn’t know how to behave.”

Nan HuaiLin stood in front of the elevator door, waited for the elevator and threw the business card in his hand into the trash.

As he raised his hand and rubbed his stiff face, he encouraged himself in the manner of an idol drama heroine, “You can’t be sad, smile. It’s no big deal.”

Nan HuaiLin tried to squeeze out a smile, but couldn’t. He was not an idol drama heroine, and didn’t have the ability to switch moods randomly.

Forget it, let’s just mourn. Mourn a little, what’s the big deal?